Sox sign 2B Josh Harrison (1 yr, 5.5M; club option; 1.5M buyout)

Whisox05

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He also fit the roster better. If they were going to go bargain shopping at 2B, overreacting to 2 bad months from Cesar was a mistake.

I don’t think Cesar fit in very well. He looked miserable and uninterested. Glad we went in a different direction. I don’t hate many Sox players, but I fucking loathe Cesar Hernandez. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t think Cesar fit in very well. He looked miserable and uninterested. Glad we went in a different direction. I don’t hate many Sox players, but I fucking loathe Cesar Hernandez. 

I felt the same way, but a lot of that is because I was upset the Sox accepted having a utility level player as their plan A starting 2nd basemen. Unfortunately, they're doing the same thing again with Harrison/Leury.

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I felt the same way, but a lot of that is because I was upset the Sox accepted having a utility level player as their plan A starting 2nd basemen. Unfortunately, they're doing the same thing again with Harrison/Leury.

For sure. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not excited about the move. But there are no good 2B FA. Just sign Conforto and literally i don’t care who plays 2B. If kind of doesn’t matter at that point as the line 1-8 is absolutely stacked. At least Harrison is a good defender.  

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So they traded away a club controlled guy and a likely 2.5 WAR 2B for some b**** ass overpaid guy that can't pitch non 9th scenarios  who they now are trading for .50 on the dollar  in order to spend the first moves of the offeason trying to FILL THOSE HOLES ON THE CHEAP.

FFS.

It doesn't sound good when you say it like that.

• Haha 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

For sure. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not excited about the move. But there are no good 2B FA. Just sign Conforto and literally i don’t care who plays 2B. If kind of doesn’t matter at that point as the line 1-8 is absolutely stacked. At least Harrison is a good defender.  

Just give me Manaea and Conforto and go to battle

• Like 3

• Heads22 changed the title to Sox sign 2B Josh Harrison (1 yr, 5.5M; club option; 1.5M buyout)

I’m so confused. Seems like a lot of people had an off-season plan of signing a solid RF (Conforto) and then a bargain-bin 2B. So why does everyone hate this move? Is it because it came first? If we signed Conforto first and then made this move, would everyone be ok with it?

• Like 1

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I’m so confused. Seems like a lot of people had an off-season plan of signing a solid RF (Conforto) and then a bargain-bin 2B. So why does everyone hate this move? Is it because it came first? If we signed Conforto first and then made this move, would everyone be ok with it?

It would still be stupid and suck, but tge sting wouldn’t be there

6 minutes ago, Sarava said:

This is bad. Massive downgrade from Madrigal. And hell, i'd of rather seen them just pick up Hernandez's option.

We better see Schwarber, Castellanos or Conforto signed.

Madrigal isn't much better than Harrison, if at all. 

Quit overrating Madrigal. He sucks. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Same thing I said about the cesar acquisition but even worse honestly. He's not a guaranteed upgrade over leury. I'd actually argue he's a downgrade. Cesar at least possibly was an upgrade.