Andrew Vaughn hurts hip pointer, out 1-2 weeks per White Sox

Buehrle>Wood

Engel hasn’t played that much so far this spring and is injury prone. Adolfo I wouldn’t just hand over the reigns yet. Leury, we all know how bad defensively he is in right but it seems like we’re just going to play all of them out there and see who sticks. Lol

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Adolfo is likely gone before the season starts but there is a slight chance he stays in the event that Vaughn is out for longer than a few weeks. Micker is on the 40 but I have a sneaking suspicion that the 40 has 3 or 4 changes before the season starts.

I'm surprised he hasn't been moved yet. That said, we went over some of this a couple days ago - he could decide to become a free agent if he is optioned, or he could choose to go through waivers and stay here. With this team's OF weakness, it would seem like this is about as good of a spot as he could find to get a chance to break into the big leagues if no one claims him onto their big league roster.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I'm surprised he hasn't been moved yet. That said, we went over some of this a couple days ago - he could decide to become a free agent if he is optioned, or he could choose to go through waivers and stay here. With this team's OF weakness, it would seem like this is about as good of a spot as he could find to get a chance to break into the big leagues if no one claims him onto their big league roster.

There's no way he clears waivers. One of the tanking teams certainly claims him.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's hard for many guys to tone it down or go half speed. No one wants to make their pitcher look bad because they half assed a play.

Especially a guy fighting for playing time

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Other 40 changes we might see. Seby, Rutherford, Mercedes, Kimbrel could all be gone. Collins could be traded. Ciuffo the backup catcher. Once Kimbrel is gone other pieces could get moved for Manaea among them Burger, Adolfo, Romy Gonzalez, Aybar ,Bilous,Foster, Burr,Severino or Bennett. Cespedes could be added to the 40 or traded. But I think they keep Cespedes.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Adolfo is likely gone before the season starts but there is a slight chance he stays in the event that Vaughn is out for longer than a few weeks. Micker is on the 40 but I have a sneaking suspicion that the 40 has 3 or 4 changes before the season starts.

I think he’s going to make it, and if Vaughn goes on the IL, he’s almost a lock.

Just now, fathom said:

I think he’s going to make it, and if Vaughn goes on the IL, he’s almost a lock.

I guess it's better than putting Cespedes on the 40 but he has looked a lot more impressive than some of the reports we have seen. He's a pretty good OF and has a great arm. We've also seen his power a few times.

Probably because he played a lot of OF last year and didn't get injured. I'm not saying he belongs in RF . I always was wary that his speed wasn't suitable for LF let alone the harder to play RF but he did OK in LF. He has a way to go to catch up to Eloy type injuries in the OF . Buxton always gets hurt and he' one of the best athletes out there. SHit happens.

Some see it as a result of playing out of position but plenty of guys get injured playing the positions they are best at.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The criticism goes to the dumb fucks who thought it was a good idea to play him out there.

I’m confused as to why people had no problem with Vaughn playing LF last year and some even wish he would play there this year instead of Eloy, but then blame the injury on being out of position. The same injury could have happened in LF.

If the criticism is that we should be getting a real RF (like Conforto) because we don’t want Eloy and Vaughn in the corners at the same time, then I completely agree. 

But that’s a totally separate issue. To put it another way: Let’s say we signed Conforto and he was playing RF today with Vaughn in LF (Eloy with the day off or DH). In that scenario, the blame for the injury would not be the same as it is right now. 

24 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Other 40 changes we might see. Seby, Rutherford, Mercedes, Kimbrel could all be gone. Collins could be traded. Ciuffo the backup catcher. Once Kimbrel is gone other pieces could get moved for Manaea among them Burger, Adolfo, Romy Gonzalez, Aybar ,Bilous,Foster, Burr,Severino or Bennett. Cespedes could be added to the 40 or traded. But I think they keep Cespedes.

Can they DFA Mercedes with a broken hand? Especially with that prior big league time.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I’m confused as to why people had no problem with Vaughn playing LF last year and some even wish he would play there this year instead of Eloy, but then blame the injury on being out of position. The same injury could have happened in LF.

If the criticism is that we should be getting a real RF (like Conforto) because we don’t want Eloy and Vaughn in the corners at the same time, then I completely agree. 

But that’s a totally separate issue. To put it another way: Let’s say we signed Conforto and he was playing RF today with Vaughn in LF (Eloy with the day off or DH). In that scenario, the blame for the injury would not be the same as it is right now. 

Sure, because two guys who shouldn't be on the corners versus just one...with LF honestly being an issue for the majority of teams.

• Quin locked this topic