White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

Just now, fathom said:

They’re playing like a team that is up 15 games with a month left. Such a cocky organization that hasn’t accomplished shit in the postseason with this group.

Well look at it this way, Tony can get his supper on time tonight if they lose quickly.  

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I would expect the Mariners to win more games than any non White Sox team in the ALC. Angels are on the same level as the Guardians, Twins, & Tigers imo

The AL West is certainly more exciting...it's arguable. And the White Sox are just a pretender until they win a postseason series. Plus the Astros have Verlander back.  Thor looks good, too.

The difference might be what the Twins get out of Buxton and Correa.

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The radio folks were very clear that Leury had advanced before he gave Robert the run sign. McEwing saw the problem and then sent Robert.

And if that is indeed the case there is blame on both Robert and Leury as I said before. Leury read the flight of the ball and the bad fielder correctly and easily gets to 3rd on the ball. Robert read all that wrong.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And if that is indeed the case there is blame on both Robert and Leury as I said before. Leury read the flight of the ball and the bad fielder correctly and easily gets to 3rd on the ball. Robert read all that wrong.

It is your job as the trail runner to pay attention to what is going on in front of you. 

One advantage to TLR as manager -- he has the most convincing slow walk in the majors. I mean, what ump is going to make him speed it up when they aren't sure if he can even shamble all the way to the mound without falling over? He could get away with taking breaks half way there.

Just now, chw42 said:

Cease with only 3Ks today. I think it's somewhat encouraging he didn't have his best stuff today and didn't completely implode like he's done in previous years. 

Only 2 walks and he was still around the zone a lot.His improvement in command looks legit. I thought he did well enough today all things considered.