5/24 Pivetta vs. Cease 7:10

bmags

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Seeing this tweet as Benetti mentions Bryce Harper hitting a massive HR for the Phillies sure is something. Bryce Harper has won an MVP with the Phillies and will go into the Hall of Fame wearing a Phillies hat. Good thing the Sox didn't pay up for him, though.

There is never a good time to criticize this front office, manager, or ownership group, apparently.

They're about to give that game right back to the Braves...no Knebel apparently.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Seeing this tweet as Benetti mentions Bryce Harper hitting a massive HR for the Phillies sure is something. Bryce Harper has won an MVP with the Phillies and will go into the Hall of Fame wearing a Phillies hat. Good thing the Sox didn't pay up for him, though.

There is never a good time to criticize this front office, manager, or ownership group, apparently.

I really wanted the Sox to step up and sign that superstar when they had the chance and instead they did that bullshit dance with Machado and their own fan base.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

Just now, wegner said:

I really wanted the Sox to step up and sign that superstar when they had the chance and instead they did that bullshit dance with Machado and their own fan base.

I saw a clip earlier this year where Harper talked about the possibility of signing with the White Sox. He mentioned specific players by name and said it would have been exciting to play with them. He loved the idea of being a great athlete in Chicago and playing for a team with a robust farm system on the cusp of winning. It was painful to watch. He was the perfect player to add to this era of White Sox teams and like always Jerry/Hahn/KW fumbled the ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I saw a clip earlier this year where Harper talked about the possibility of signing with the White Sox. He mentioned specific players by name and said it would have been exciting to play with them. He loved the idea of being a great athlete in Chicago and playing for a team with a robust farm system on the cusp of winning. It was painful to watch. He was the perfect player to add to this era of White Sox teams and like always Jerry/Hahn/KW fumbled the ball.

They didn’t fumble, they never had the ball to begin with

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, T R U said:

They didn’t fumble, they never had the ball to begin with

Harper went so in-depth on the roster + guys who were in the farm system, he really did seem to think they were a possibility. But yeah, unfortunately, the future Hall of Famer wanted to play for them but he wasn't good enough for Jerry. 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Yep. Was dumb they didn’t pivot to Harper after Machado signed when you were already discussing a potential $300 mill contract.

12 minutes ago, wegner said:

Nope, $73M is the max allowable outlay Reinsdorf can afford.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Harper went so in-depth on the roster + guys who were in the farm system, he really did seem to think they were a possibility. But yeah, unfortunately, the future Hall of Famer wanted to play for them but he wasn't good enough for Jerry. 🙂

They couldn’t even offer Machado a legit 300 million offer, they were never in any realistic chance to sign Harper

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

at least Bummer didn't look broken. him being good again would be massive for this bullpen.

Well VV and Bummer held Boston scoreless for 4 innings...I guess that's something