GT 6/21: TOR @ SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The dude has it out for Burger, similar to Sheets and Madrigal. If he doesn't think they'll be good based on his scouting acumen, he wants them to fail. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

People do the same to Moncada and he has a multi year track record of being very good. Maybe there's something about playing 3B for the Sox that causes irrational negativity.

I’m not a Burger hater, I believe he’s the future. Moncada should have been but he’s made of porcelain. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, he’s been an awful 3B. I like the guy but I am not afraid to call a spade a spade. He can definitely hit the ball tho! 

Sure, but he’s barely had any development time and is being forced to play 3B at the major league level because Moncada can’t stay healthy.  I get the errors are frustrating, but I’d take my chances on him as the regular 3B any day of the week of Mendick if Moncada were out an extended period of time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Agree Burger doesn’t make that play but I’m betting he’s still the 3rd baseman of the future. Whether we like it or not. I think he can improve. 

Burger needs to get in front of ground balls instead of trying to catch them on the side backhanded.  This has been at least half of his errors.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sure, but he’s barely had any development time and is being forced to play 3B at the major league level because Moncada can’t stay healthy.  I get the errors are frustrating, but I’d take my chances on him as the regular 3B any day of the week of Mendick if Moncada were out an extended period of time.

Totally get it. I really do like Jake, just don’t think Sox can really afford his defense out there on a regular basis while trying to dig out of a hole in the standings. I’m not saying he should never play there, nor am I hating on him. Just don’t think he’s an everyday option at this point. Lack of development time is a real issue, but not too interested in him developing while trying to win games that matter at the big league level. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The dude has it out for Burger, similar to Sheets and Madrigal. If he doesn't think they'll be good based on his scouting acumen, he wants them to fail. 

Yup, fat, unathletic Jake Burger is an embarrassment to Major League Baseball players with that career 122 wRC+ and 0.8 over 203 plate appearances.

Meanwhile, that Kelenic kid continues to get regular updates in his own dedicated thread despite a career 69 wRC+ and -0.4 over 473 plate appearances.

🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Moncada has 1 year with injury issues and he's labeled as soft, brittle, injury prone, etc. It's weird none of that ever applies to TA when he's gone on the IL 4 straight years now with various soft tissue injuries.

Yeah I was gonna say. Outside of this year Moncada has not been on the IL a lot, though he does often seem to play banged up. Didn’t he play more than any regular other than Abreu last year? Lotta recency bias.

Eloy, on the other hand, legit just cannot stay on the field.

10 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

People do the same to Moncada and he has a multi year track record of being very good. Maybe there's something about playing 3B for the Sox that causes irrational negativity.

Yeah, unfortunately Yoan has two things going against him.  He doesn’t play the game with passion (which who cares) and has undelivered on his potential despite offering much needed OBP and being a 4 win guy in the past.  Can’t really defend him this year, although it’s painfully obvious he’s been hurt all year.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, unfortunately Yoan has two things going against him.  He doesn’t play the game with passion (which who cares) and has undelivered on his potential despite offering much needed OBP and being a 4 win guy in the past.  Can’t really defend him this year, although it’s painfully obvious he’s been hurt all year.

Sox need more guys on the roster that do the things Moncada does well, not less. 

• Like 1