GT 7/5: MIN @ SOX, The day after

3 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

I think he’s got a version of the yips. Can’t pull the trigger. 

I wish we pulled a Jays Alex Rios situation and put him on waivers to see if some team would take on that deal.  He desperately needs a change of scenery.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I wish we pulled a Jays Alex Rios situation and put him on waivers to see if some team would take on that deal.  He desperately needs a change of scenery.

Not really interested in just giving him away. Let’s try a new coaching staff first. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hankchifan said:

Conversely, if we lose tonight last night’s loss will feel much worse.

People need to start accepting this team just isn’t good. They’ve given us no reason all year to think it’s a playoff team.   The rebuild is in peril.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

The ladies love it and thats all that matters.

At what point are the ladies gonna be like "yeah you're dog shit loser"

Or is there an endless supply of ladies for rich people who suck at baseball... sigh this man needs some motivation in life. 

Just now, South Sider said:

At what point are the ladies gonna be like "yeah you're dog shit loser"

Or is there an endless supply of ladies for rich people who suck at baseball... sigh this man needs some motivation in life. 

Tristan Thompson sucks at basketball....

1 minute ago, fathom said:

People need to start accepting this team just isn’t good. They’ve given us no reason all year to think it’s a playoff team.   The rebuild is in peril.

Dude the rebuild isn't in peril. It's already a failure. 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Normally I am not with you and more on the positive side but this is some of the absolute worst baseball I have ever seen in my life and the biggest group of underachievers I have ever seen offensively. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, fathom said:

Robert and Eloy seem more likely to be fixed, IMO

Moncada had a higher WAR last season than Eloy has for his entire career. 27 year olds with Yoan's track record don't just grow on trees. They need to get him right, not trade him away.

• Like 3

Just now, South Sider said:

Normally I am not with you and more on the positive side but this is some of the absolute worst baseball I have ever seen in my life and the biggest group of underachievers I have ever seen offensively. 

I’ve never seen a team more in need of a managerial change, but of course there’s no chance of that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Send Moncada down the guy doesn't even pretend to give a shit any more.

He should bat 9th 

He's still a very good defensive 3B, but not good enough to overcome his terrible offensive production, his low baseball IQ and his apparent not give a shit attitude. 

I don't know why he's supposedly too good to work on straightening himself out in AAA like most other players have to do at times.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Moncada had a higher WAR last season than Eloy has for his entire career. 27 year olds with Yoan's track record don't just grow on trees. They need to get him right, not trade him away.

He's having a terrible, injury plagued season. That is all. 

Still a good player having a terrible season. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

He's still a very good defensive 3B, but not good enough to overcome his terrible offensive production, his low baseball IQ and his apparent not give a shit attitude. 

I don't know why he's supposedly too good to work on straightening himself out in AAA like most other players have to do at times.

They can't send him down unless he agrees to go. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

These next few series will either confirm or dispute this. 

not a great start so far. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's having a terrible, injury plagued season. That is all. 

He has been the same type of player since he got covid and that is one who is not a very good baseball player. Take the WAR comments elsewhere the dude is good on defense when he can play and that’s about it

• Like 2