7/17 Sox @ Twins - Last Chance to Earn My Love Gamethread - 1:10PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

What did I miss on Robert.  Is his light headedness a larger thing?

Typical Tony take 2 and go home get some rest. 

I believe he hinted that Robert wouldn’t play the rest of the series.  Or that’s what should have been obvious from his comments. 

Usually would be fine with Abreu getting a day of rest from the field.

However, with the All Star Break tomorrow, it would have been nice to have our best available defensive lineup out there today with Robert, Pollock & Eloy out.

Abreu 1B, Vaughn LF, Garcia CF, Engel RF, Sheets DH.

Hope Cease gets 12 Ks and makes it irrelevant.

Sunday lineup with a bench of AJ and Reese.

No other options with Eloy and Luis not on DL I guess.

Pollock has been awful but he hit the ball hard his last 2 at bats yesterday.  Leury is almost a guaranteed weak ground ball or pop up.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

55 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Dear lord what the bloody fuck are you doing with that 5-9 TLR?  What the actual fuck.  Way to go out with a bang…

It is gross but when Eloy and Luis are unavailable and Pollock can’t hit RHP and is 0/19 at Target Field this season….I get the lineup. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It is gross but when Eloy and Luis are unavailable and Pollock can’t hit RHP and is 0/19 at Target Field this season….I get the lineup. 

Every daily lineup people just don't bother to sit back and analyze the situation and immediately go after the manager as if he's trying to sabotage the team.

The Sox are back into a fucked up situation with being shorthanded.  

The all-star break can't come sooner.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, TLR is an easy target, but its as much on Hahn for the shitty non-existent depth.  Understanding there is little choice when this is all that is available doesn't make me feel any better about it.

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Dear lord what the bloody fuck are you doing with that 5-9 TLR?  What the actual fuck.  Way to go out with a bang…

Quintenssentional Sunday Lineup, like it was any other Sunday.  TLR going back to TLR ball.  Man, no sense of urgency.

35 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Yeah, TLR is an easy target, but its as much on Hahn for the shitty non-existent depth.  Understanding there is little choice when this is all that is available doesn't make me feel any better about it.

You got a point.  If Leury is the best we got,we have a problem.  There is no depth.  Don’t we have anyone in the minors that can come in to help.? Can’t Robert DH? He looked like he could hit last time out.   This is not the time to being too conservative.  Still prefer Pollockto Leury, better defense and more power.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Quintenssentional Sunday Lineup, like it was any other Sunday.  TLR going back to TLR ball.  Man, no sense of urgency.

Yeah, I don't get how Ruth, Mantle, and Ted Williams are left sitting on that bench.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Sunday lineup with a bench of AJ and Reese.

No other options with Eloy and Luis not on DL I guess.

Pollock has been awful but he hit the ball hard his last 2 at bats yesterday.  Leury is almost a guaranteed weak ground ball or pop up.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

I agree with you and the proof will be in the pudding.  Will see in a few hours.  Pollock is better than Leury in  batting average, defense and power.  No pitcher fears Leury.