2023 MLB Draft thread

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, baseballgalaly said:

On MLB pipeline they have Gonzalez as a 40 runner. 

That’s because every player on mlb pipeline is a 55 overall and not too hot or cold. It’s the great hedge site.

• Like 2

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Leave it for the White Sox to pick the guy whose game is more suited for the steroids era than the one based on speed and athleticism, even at corner positions now.

This makes no sense

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I enjoy Colt Emerson.

I heard a great story about him.  He really wanted to go to a certain school so he contacted the coach and asked if he'd come out and see him play.  The coach did and told him he was going to pass because he wasn't good enough to play there. So Emerson went home and built a batting cage in his garage and then bought a fathead of the coach and hung it in back of the cage so he could hit line drives off his face all day.   That's the kind of dawg I can respect.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Okay. I've made it through all the stages of White Sox draft pick grief.

I'm fine with the selection I guess. It's not particularly sexy or exciting but could be fine value at 15. Glad it wasn't Waldrep or Yohandy. Rooting for the kid. Let's get it.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

This makes no sense

Sure it does.

We won't even have a premium athlete at SS.

Teams like the Reds with McClain (de la Cruz) and Padres (Bogaerts and Kim vs. Tatis in RF) are so stacked they can play dominant athletes on the corners.

Whereas the White Sox roster is filled with DHs and players with below average speed across the board with the singular exception of Luis Robert (and maybe Colas if he can hit well enough to hold down a position.)

Just now, DirtySox said:

I'm fine with the selection I guess. It's not particularly sexy or exciting but could be fine value at 15. Glad it wasn't Waldrep or Yohandy. Rooting for the kid, let's get it.

The last two picks give me hope at least, as their performances have been fantastic this year. 

And lets be real, our major concern with all of this is (gestures broadly) the White Sox organization

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I'm fine with the selection I guess. It's not particularly sexy or exciting but could be fine value at 15. Glad it wasn't Waldrep or Yohandy. Rooting for the kid. Let's get it.

Why not Morales?  He gonna be a steal and probably land in NY at this rate

20 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

So Shirley picked the last three years and now after they've had success Hahn is going to push his way back in.  

Hahn should be in the unemployment line not making draft picks. This  organization is a joke.

• Fire 1

• bmags unpinned this topic