Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

15 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I don’t disagree with the bolded but at the same time, what’s the point of having Cease pitch for what’s likely to be a very uncompetitive team next year?

It’s not binary. They could trade him this winter, they could trade him at next deadline. You can’t trade a pitcher with 2.5y of control (10-12war) and not get back a kings ransom.  If a good enough deal wasn’t presented then Hahn did the right thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NCsoxfan said:

It’s not binary. They could trade him this winter, they could trade him at next deadline. You can’t trade a pitcher with 2.5y of control (10-12war) and not get back a kings ransom.  If a good enough deal wasn’t presented then Hahn did the right thing. 

Sure, just feels like his trade value was at a peak at this deadline.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I love that the media is calling Rick out for his bullshit.  What an arrogant piece of s%*# to think Sox fans would believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/8/1/23816609/mlb-trade-deadline-white-sox-news-gm-rick-hahn-spins-another-tale-about-a-lost-season

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Yeah I would’ve thought so too. Never know maybe a different team emerges in the off-season more willing to give up prospects or a player on the ML roster 

Yeah and you have to hope there's no performance decline or injuries in the meantime. His value cant really get any higher, but it sure can get a lot lower.

“Most of the fan interaction that I’ve had in recent months is fan question-and-answer sessions,” he said. “You can feel the frustration and you can feel the disappointment. They feel better for having been heard." - Rick Hahn

You mean like at Sox Fest? 😆 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hahn is the worst GM in sports and has ruined White Sox baseball for many Sox fans.  He needs to go find some dumb corporate job and run that organization into the ground instead of continuing to think he has any idea of how to construct a baseball team.  He is a complete failure and just about any other company would have fired his ass into the sun years ago for such shitty performance.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Hahn always chooses his words so carefully.  Could there be a glimmer of light?

"What that looks like at the big league level in '24, let's get to the end of the season. ... You will hear, directly, what the plan is for the people in charge."

Wouldn't he have said FROM the people in charge if he meant the front office?

I kind of read that more like lets get to the end of the season and we will let you know the direction for the big league team. People in charge as coaching staff?

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Can’t wait for KW as GM and Tony back as manager next year 

Ill believe it when I see it, KW has had a foot out the door for a while now I don't see how he goes back to being the GM. I haven't seen anything at all that indicated Rick Hahn has lost his job.

And if Hahn has been internally fired but everyone, including Hahn, is pretending he is still GM until the season is over to save face or whatever it is they're doing then this organization is more pathetic than I could have ever imagined.

I just don't understand at all how you could let a lame duck GM take lead on the future of your organization if you have already decided hes not the guy to lead the franchise. It makes no sense.

13 hours ago, Sarava said:

Yeah and you have to hope there's no performance decline or injuries in the meantime. His value cant really get any higher, but it sure can get a lot lower.

Value doesn’t necessarily mean teams offering commensurate value in a trade.

10 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Value doesn’t necessarily mean teams offering commensurate value in a trade.

"Other teams are skeptical enough of Dylan Cease's long term value that they were unwilling to make fair offers now when his control was maximized" would be a worrying result in other ways. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Can’t wait for KW as GM and Tony back as manager next year 

The trade with Florida intrigues me in his regard.

The trade deadline was simply saving salary for the remainder of the year.  Why make a trade with the Marlins for the only player that was not a salary dump????

Kim Ng is replacing Kenny Williams also, the Marlins have no issue trading young pitching.

57 minutes ago, fathom said:

They’re really going to run it back next year, aren’t they?

They have done everything but come right out and say they are running it back next year. You know it, I know it, the media knows it and so does the front office. 

• Like 1

Steve, it's even harder to manage a Hahn roster against MLB teams. 

I really don't see Tony returning to the dugout especially to manage a 90 loss team. Pedro will be here for his contract, pay his dues, and be the Doug Collins of Chicago baseball. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

Steve, it's even harder to manage a Hahn roster against MLB teams. 

I really don't see Tony returning to the dugout especially to manage a 90 loss team. Pedro will be here for his contract, pay his dues, and be the Doug Collins of Chicago baseball. 

Doug Collins actually won though

• Haha 1