Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

23 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Cronenworth bad?  Darvish bad?  Musgrove bad?  Manaea bad?

Snell and Clevinger haven’t worked perfectly, but they keep going for it.

Wish Hahn could be that bad!

Since he took over as GM, I have him bringing in 95 WAR as GM. He has given up 135 WAR though. So yeah he been worth -40 WAR in trades. As awful as Hahn is I doubt he's that bad, but maybe.

He's been better of late though, albeit that may because the prospects he's given up haven't had time to accumulate anything

5 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Yes he’s trolling. He specifically posted a few days ago saying that he would post eyeball emojis just to troll people 😂

For those that didn't see what Bad Hombre is referencing, this is from a few days ago.

But this could be real, who knows! Damnit, Tom.

IMG_20220802_103605.jpg

6 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Since he took over as GM, I have him bringing in 95 WAR as GM. He has given up 135 WAR though. So yeah he been worth -40 WAR in trades. As awful as Hahn is I doubt he's that bad, but maybe.

He's been better of late though, albeit that may because the prospects he's given up haven't had time to accumulate anything

his strength though, that destroys hahn, is he knows he can regenerate these prospects at will. Yes, he gets another top 50 player for free (which brings him James Wood), but he can lose trades because he doesn't drop to 30th in the farm system with 3 full affiliates so devoid of pitching talent that they routinely pull fans down from the stands to finish innings.

Just now, MiddleCoastBias said:

For those that didn't see what Bad Hombre is referencing, this is from a few days ago.

But this could be real, who knows! Damnit, Tom.

IMG_20220802_103605.jpg

It's definitely real. There will be a trade today and I will show you guys that I called it by posting that.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Rick Hahn is a dead man walking.   This better not be another Ryan Pace 2.0 moment where the owners will allow him to try to save himself here.   Just like when Pace was allowed to not only draft another QB in the first round (after his past failures) but also trade valuable capital to go up and get him (Fields).

I want someone else making personnel decisions going forward. 

That’s how they end up one of the three worst organizations in football.  But still worth a megayacht of money.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

his strength though, that destroys hahn, is he knows he can regenerate these prospects at will. Yes, he gets another top 50 player for free (which brings him James Wood), but he can lose trades because he doesn't drop to 30th in the farm system with 3 full affiliates so devoid of pitching talent that they routinely pull fans down from the stands to finish innings.

Yeah fair enough. Hahn is awful so didn't mean to even inadvertently defend him.

11 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Preller was terrible competing or retooling on the fly.  Realistically, you have to judge by everything from Tatis and that huge international signing class onwards.  That will give you a much different picture than his first run at competing, which was pushed upon him by an impatient ownership group…the same one that got impatient with James Shields under Ron Fowler.

Matt Kemp, then to ATL for Hector Olivera/salary relief

What was traded: Joe Wieland, Yasmani Grandal, Zach Eflin

Justin Upton

What was traded: Max Fried, Jace Peterson, Dustin Peterson, Mallex Smith

What was received: Left as Free Agent

Wil Myers

What was traded: Jake Bauers, Burch Smith, Rene Rivera, Joe Ross and Trea Turner

What was received: Still on Team

Craig Kimbrel

What was traded: Jordan Paroubeck, Cameron Maybin, Carlos Quentin, Competitive Balance Pick

What was received: Logan Allen, Javier Guerra, Carlos Asujae, Manuel Margot

The Competitive Balance Pick the Padres sent did end up turning into top prospect Austin Riley, but overall three years leader and this looks like a weak package for one of the best closers in the game.

10 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Yeah fair enough. Hahn is awful so didn't mean to even inadvertently defend him.

I do think Preller has been underwhelming, I mean they didn't make the playoffs last year, his mlb scouting seems pretty shit. And the hosmer deal is maybe the most indefensible mlb deal we've ever seen.

but unlike hahn he at least gives himself room for error. Hahns only room for error really was (potential) additional budget, and he wasted it on the bullpen, after spending so much time in the rebuild going after college reliever prospects.

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Doesn't look like it. Why the hell did the O's take this deal? 

Easy. 29 yr old relief pitcher and no prior history of success. Sell high get all you can before he implodes. Sure he could have discovered the secret to success but Orioles aren't winning this year. They are rebuilding and doing it smartly. Trade older breakout guys in a position that has a wide variance in results like relief pitchers.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Easy. 29 yr old relief pitcher and no prior history of success. Sell high get all you can before he implodes. Sure he could have discovered the secret to success but Orioles aren't winning this year. They are rebuilding and doing it smartly. Trade older breakout guys in a position that has a wide variance in results like relief pitchers.

I'm just surprised the market for him was that low when all we've been hearing about his how many teams are interested in relievers. He's not even a rental.