Predict the Next 19 Games

SoxBlanco

10 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

The next 19 games will probably let us know if this team will make a playoff push. People kept calling the Baltimore series an easy series, but the next 19 are all against teams that are worse than Baltimore (Texas is the best team with a record of 43-51). 

So make a prediction on how the Sox fare over these 19 games. Feel free to add where you think that puts us in the division on August 15. For reference, this is who the Sox will play:

@ Colorado (2)

Oakland (3)

Kansas City (3)

@ Texas (4)

@ Kansas City (4)

Detroit (3)

The trade deadline is on Aug. 2 . which is the 2nd game of the KC series at home. I would suspect a revitalized team if the Sox pull off some trades that gives the impression to the players that the front office cares. These games should put the Sox over .500 permanently for the season. So much as I don't know what will happen I'll say 13-6. I should add the caveat that without Robert we are doomed.He needs to be back on the field as soon as the IL stint is over with whatever his problem is, solved.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

9 hours ago, wegner said:

They were so good at home last season.  That is why I thought it was so crucial to keep the foot on the gas and go for the home field advantage last year instead of rest guys for October or whatever they were doing.  Every year's team is different and you have to play to their strengths.  One year later and they suck at home.

They hit more homers last year.  Homers are key to winning at home and not giving away our homer friendly home advantage to the opposition.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If they can get an everyday RF, possibly a 4/5 starter or 1 bullpen arm or 2, they would have the personnel to make a solid run (14 - 16 wins) over the next three weeks.

Need to go 4-1 this week to ensure this could be a possibility depending on revenue projections.

Would peg them at 11-8 without significant help, 14-5 with 2+ significant acquisitions.

A good everyday lefty outfielder is the most important need by far.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

The next 19 games will probably let us know if this team will make a playoff push. People kept calling the Baltimore series an easy series, but the next 19 are all against teams that are worse than Baltimore (Texas is the best team with a record of 43-51). 

So make a prediction on how the Sox fare over these 19 games. Feel free to add where you think that puts us in the division on August 15. For reference, this is who the Sox will play:

@ Colorado (2)

Oakland (3)

Kansas City (3)

@ Texas (4)

@ Kansas City (4)

Detroit (3)

@ Colorado: 1-1

Oakland: 1-2

Kansas City: 2-1

@ Texas: 2-2

@Kansas City: 3-1

Detroit: 2-1

Total: 11-8

1 hour ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

@ Colorado: 1-1

Oakland: 1-2

Kansas City: 2-1

@ Texas: 2-2

@Kansas City: 3-1

Detroit: 2-1

Total: 11-8

If we go 1-2 against Oakland, it’ll be the most disappointing series of the season so far (and that’s saying a lot). Oakland is so bad this year, and we’ll have Cueto, Lynn, and Cease. 

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

If we go 1-2 against Oakland, it’ll be the most disappointing series of the season so far (and that’s saying a lot). Oakland is so bad this year, and we’ll have Cueto, Lynn, and Cease. 

I'm simply basing it off of the team's home record. It's so bad, I just expect them to struggle.

12 hours ago, daggins said:

As badly as the Red Sox have been playing, I fully expect Cleveland to sweep.

I'll say 10-9. They win every road game and lose every home game.

Fortunately, you were wrong Boston beats Cleveland 3-1.  Not easy to win as visitor at Fenway. Guardians didn’t play a good game, sloppy D, misplayed balls off the Monster.

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Fortunately, you were wrong Boston beats Cleveland 3-1.  Not easy to win as visitor at Fenway. Guardians didn’t play a good game, sloppy D, misplayed balls off the Monster.

Kwan fell over trying to jump for a ball off the monster. I can't believe we let that guy kick our ass. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hi8is said:

I hope to laugh at you one day… however, until they prove themselves this is as likely a reality as any.

I hope to be laughing with you but I haven't seen anything from this team to make me believe otherwise, time for them to put up or shut up.

19 minutes ago, MEANS said:

I hope to be laughing with you but I haven't seen anything from this team to make me believe otherwise, time for them to put up or shut up.

I think we’ve seen some encouraging signs:

- Before Giolito shit himself last outing ( which had a lot of soft contact ) he had a good 3 or 4 game run looking like he was back.

- Lynn looked great last outing.

- Cease is being Cease.

- Cueto isn’t showing signs of slowing down.

- Eloy is dropping bombs.

- Grandal is back providing some balance to the lineup.

There is a way to look at the past couple weeks and see them potentially turning a corner… finally.

36 minutes ago, hi8is said:

- Before Giolito shit himself last outing ( which had a lot of soft contact ) he had a good 3 or 4 game run looking like he was back.

- Cease is being Cease.

There is a way to look at the past couple weeks and see them potentially turning a corner… finally.

yes, I agree, those have been some positives as of late, however 4 of the 6 are pitchers which of course we need to be trending up, but the offense is still pretty poor. We need this offense to wake up and go on a run, but to my previous post....nothing this season has shown us that might happen anytime soon.

9 hours ago, hi8is said:

- Cease is being Cease.

Can't forget Moncada showing signs and Kelly and Lambert actually pitching well in the pen. Although streaky relievers are normal but I like when they streak on the good side !

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Can't forget Moncada showing signs and Kelly and Lambert actually pitching well in the pen. Although streaky relievers are normal but I like when they streak on the good side !

Yuppers. I’ve thought we would know what this team is after that stretch against the central….

Of course, nope… but they’re starting to turn the corner. We still haven’t seen them firing all season and I sure hope we do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...