Fire Everyone

Chicago White Sox

But realistically, this should be the end of the road for this group.  This season is the biggest single failure in my 38 years as a White Sox fan.  Everyone needs to go from KW on down and the roster also needs a major shakeup.

Go give Mike Chernoff a President of Baseball Ops title and let him burn this shit to the seems.

• Like 11

Between October 2019 and January 2022:

The Chicago Cubs fired Joe Maddon after five seasons, three LCS, one WS and a .581 winning percentage.

The Chicago Bulls fired Gar Forman after seven playoff appearances in eleven seasons, one conference final, and a winning record (450-419 .518).

The Chicago Rapists and Racists fired everyone except the owner who oversaw then whitewashed everything, after winning three Stanley Cups.

The Chicago Bears fired Matt Nagy (34-31 .523) with one losing season in four years, and Ryan Pace (48-65 .425) after seven years of sucking ass.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I'm glad the Sun Times did this. Every other media source both locally and nationally need to follow up and create continued major heat and criticism on Jerry. 

• Like 3
  • Hawk 1

57 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I'm glad the Sun Times did this. Every other media source both locally and nationally need to follow up and create continued major heat and criticism on Jerry. 

100% agree.  I really hope we see the media do their job and create some level of accountability for this shit show.  Usually Fegan is the only guy willing to ask the tough questions, but seeing a Sun Times columnist literally say “fire everyone” is a big step forward.

• Hawk 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

100% agree.  I really hope we see the media do their job and create some level of accountability for this shit show.  Usually Fegan is the only guy willing to ask the tough questions, but seeing a Sun Times columnist literally say “fire everyone” is a big step forward.

Need Cowley and Mariotti back to stir the pot.

• Haha 1

Thanks to the Sun Times. Glad someone has the stones to call it like it is.

Also, haven’t seen the show referenced in the article, but McElhenney and Reynolds sound like awesome owners.

Edited by Spumoni

I kinda feel like Cheswick in Cuckoo's nest. Nurse Reinsdorf is holding my cigarettes[White Sox] hostage,

and I'd like something done about it. The thing that should be done is offer Terry Francona a lot of cash,

and give him control of anything he wants.

Edited by zisk
add
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

The Tribune did. 

Column: If the Chicago White Sox don’t make that long-awaited run and qualify for the playoffs, no one should feel safe

9 hours ago, The Beast said:

That premise is still flawed. They "intentionally" had multiple losing seasons (instead of their normal losing seasons) in order to "rebuild" and "build a contender" 

Thus far, the "rebuild" has produced two playoff appearances where the Sox were absolutely out-classed in both appearances. No playoff series victories. 

Going into this third year of "the window" just making the playoffs shouldn't be good enough. Of course it would be enough for this Front Office, but it shouldn't be nearly enough for us. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tony said:

That premise is still flawed. They "intentionally" had multiple losing seasons (instead of their normal losing seasons) in order to "rebuild" and "build a contender" 

Thus far, the "rebuild" has produced two playoff appearances where the Sox were absolutely out-classed in both appearances. No playoff series victories. 

Going into this third year of "the window" just making the playoffs shouldn't be good enough. Of course it would be enough for this Front Office, but it shouldn't be nearly enough for us. 

Rick Hahn will still likely have only one 80+ win season through games of October 5, 2022.

63, 73, 76, 78, 67, 62, 72, 35, 93, ??

Go Blow!

2 hours ago, Tony said:

What is the main thrust of argument?  Subscribers only…

Sox record since Tony famously (or now infamously) told Caulfield12 to “shut the f#$k” up in the game thread, 2-8.

Padres 5-5 and 2 1/2 up on the Brewers.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Sox record since Tony famously (or now infamously) told Caulfield12 to “shut the f#$k” up in the game thread, 2-8.

When are you going to pay up for your Anderson bet? You post 200 times a day, but I’ve called you out twice and never got a response. Tick-Tock….

• Fire 1

The front office assembled a team with a lot of talented and expensive player contracts., Most have not worked out for one reason or another.

Posters here were pining for Grandal before the  Sox signed him..others did not want the Sox to bring back James McCann or sign another major league catcher.

Then there were those who wanted  the Sox to sign Keuchel and Lynn and Joe Kelly .

Mistakes were made....a lot of them.  Time to move forward while trying to stay positive.

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Correlation does not imply causation, especially since that statement has flown around this site for years 

48 minutes ago, tray said:

The front office assembled a team with a lot of talented and expensive player contracts., Most have not worked out for one reason or another.

Posters here were pining for Grandal before the  Sox signed him..others did not want the Sox to bring back James McCann or sign another major league catcher.

Then there were those who wanted  the Sox to sign Keuchel and Lynn and Joe Kelly .

Mistakes were made....a lot of them.  Time to move forward while trying to stay positive.

Are you trying to list a gotcha here?  Have you seen McCanns career since he left the white Sox?

and nobody was pining for Grandal.  Everyone was surprised they signed him because nobody on this site had him in their sites 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tony said:

When are you going to pay up for your Anderson bet? You post 200 times a day, but I’ve called you out twice and never got a response. Tick-Tock….

We can extend it to WBC lol.

Since both players are out, I would have had to have inside information or access with the Commissioner's office.

You would be proud to win a non bet bet lol.

Like if you picked the Bears to go 6-10 or 5-11 and the starting QB was knocked out like Chet Holmgren before playing a single regular season game?

I can substitute Juan Soto for Tatis lol.  You can combine two Sox hitters together to make it more interesting.  Starting today.  BA HRs RBIs Runs OPS.  Best 3/5 categories.

Edited by caulfield12

32 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

What about him 

Narvaez was a capable major catcher at minimum salary under control for several more years whom they traded for a reliever who was under control for 2 years (only 1 contending year) at an average salary of  c. $8.5 million.

Edited by GreenSox