Sean Murphy Traded to Braves

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Merkin said to be patient. I wonder if he means like last year when Hahn got Harrison and Kelly and Pollock and Velasquez. Or at the deadline when apparently there was nothing to do.

Sox don't have the bullets to trade for Murphy. 

Also, what else do you expect Merkin to say? " Hey ladies and fellas, gather up the pitchforks and torches and get ready to storm the castle at 35th and Shileds cause the Sox are done with their offseason moves" 

2 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Sox don't have the bullets to trade for Murphy. 

Also, what else do you expect Merkin to say? " Hey ladies and fellas, gather up the pitchforks and torches and get ready to storm the castle at 35th and Shileds cause the Sox are done with their offseason moves" 

I would expect him to whine about the Sox trading for Moncada in 2016 because he had a bad year in 2022.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

How does William Contreras throw? With bigger bases and a shorter route, more stealing in 2023.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/william-contreras-661388?stats=statcast-r-fielding-mlb

Reports and stats don’t seem to like his defense at all. I’ve seen him projected as a future DH. But the Brewers did turn Omar Narvarez into a solid defensive catcher so possible they feel like they can work with Contreras as well.