Dodgers gonna cut Trevor Bauer now that he’s reinstated (updated 12/22)

JoshPR

did anyone even research this?

The woman was denied a permanent restraining order following a four-day hearing in August, and six months later, in February 2022, the L.A. County District Attorney's Office decided not to pursue criminal charges against Bauer.

Gould-Saltman determined that Bauer did not pose a threat to the 27-year-old woman, who accused him of sexual assault over the course of two sexual encounters, and that her injuries were not the result of anything she verbally objected to before or during the encounter.

The judge said the "injuries as shown in the photographs are terrible" but added, "If she set limits and he exceeded them, this case would've been clear. But she set limits without considering all the consequences, and respondent did not exceed limits that the petitioner set."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32051068/woman-denied-restraining-order-trevor-bauer

After seeing how Deshaun Watson was handled I think he'll pitch again without much blow back. Wouldn't be surprised if he signs with the Cleveland to be their #2.

Edited by scotty22hotty

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

Ok I wanted to see what everyone felt. Talent wise who wouldn't.. But the baggage is enough.

Just from a baseball perspective, you don’t want to hand a new coach this task to deal with when you’re already counting on him to fix about a dozen other issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scotty22hotty said:

did anyone even research this?

After seeing how Deshaun Watson was handled I think he'll pitch again without much blow back. Wouldn't be surprised if he signs with the Indians to be their #2.

I will bet you any amount of money that he will not sign with the Indians.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I will bet you any amount of money that he will not sign with the Indians.

Franconia was done with Bauer when he chucked the ball into centerfield.  If I had to guess one organization that weighs talent waaaay higher than off field behavior, I’d say Tampa or maybe Tampa diaspora like Boston. But even then Byrnes is from Tampa. So maybe no one takes a flyer.

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Franconia was done with Bauer when he chucked the ball into centerfield.  If I had to guess one organization that weighs talent waaaay higher than off field behavior, I’d say Tampa or maybe Tampa diaspora like Boston. But even then Byrnes is from Tampa. So maybe no one takes a flyer.

That is not even the main reason why he won’t sign with the Indians.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Just from a baseball perspective, you don’t want to hand a new coach this task to deal with when you’re already counting on him to fix about a dozen other issues.

Totally agree

Not only is it horrible PR for the team/MLB, you have to think about the actual players who would have to spend the majority of their life with this person, and more importantly how the players’ wives feel about that.

I don’t care if he is innocent in the court of law, the guy has something wrong with him. It’s a ticking time bomb, and I’m not talking about him “ruffling feathers” for being outspoken.

Positives: he's a pitcher that could put us over the top for a world series. the contract would be cheap and likely short in duration. can never have too many arms

Negatives: just from the outside looking in, i dont get the sense he has much remorse or has yet to mature. think he may just be a scumbag to the core. i dont particularly want to cheer for a team with him on it regardless how much it helps us win. 

Look, baseball is littered with these type of guys. Chapman always comes to top of mind for me ... Marcell Ozuna ...  the way things work is you're given a punishment and you serve it. If he's done that he's fine to resume his normal life. There are consequences to his actions and he's living that. I'd pass personally, but wouldn't revolt if we had interest. 

19 hours ago, ron883 said:

Before this issue happened with Bauer, I remember an article about how he has never really gotten along with anybody and just doesn't like people. I can see him killing somebody one day. 

I’m not saying you’re wrong cuz I don’t know, but this seems like quite a leap from the info out there.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SkokieSox said:

The Los Angeles County district attorney previously announced in February that Bauer would not face criminal charges in connection with the allegations, saying in a statement: "After a thorough review of all the available evidence, including the civil restraining order proceedings, witness statements and the physical evidence, the People are unable to prove the relevant charges beyond a reasonable doubt."

He is suspended for two full seasons.

15 minutes ago, pcq said:

He is suspended for two full seasons.

He's fighting it though. I read this is part of why the Dodgers aren't throwing around money this off-season because they don't know where they stand at salary-wise. That, and likely wanting to reset the Luxury Tax penalty for a run at Ohtani next off-season.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Bauer has done an amazing job showing fans what being an MLB player is like - the training regimens, the "day in a life" blogging, reviewing his performances and reviewing pitching highlights from other players (like Gio's no-hitter). His Momentum content is entertaining now as well. He's been facing high school and college hitters and talking them through how an MLB pitcher thinks. This side of what he does is great for baseball and we need more of it.

He's also a complete idiot at best and a terrible person at worst. The White Sox don't need the headaches he would bring. Someone will sign him once his suspension is over, but they'll probably regret it to some degree unless he's really learned his lesson (and I doubt he has).

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

All personal opinions aside, I think it would be nice to go at least one year without a controversial hire/acquisition with the potential to divide the clubhouse and fanbase. 

Please, god.

3 minutes ago, almagest said:

Bauer has done an amazing job showing fans what being an MLB player is like - the training regimens, the "day in a life" blogging, reviewing his performances and reviewing pitching highlights from other players (like Gio's no-hitter). His Momentum content is entertaining now as well. He's been facing high school and college hitters and talking them through how an MLB pitcher thinks. This side of what he does is great for baseball and we need more of it.

He's also a complete idiot at best and a terrible person at worst. The White Sox don't need the headaches he would bring. Someone will sign him once his suspension is over, but they'll probably regret it to some degree unless he's really learned his lesson (and I doubt he has).

they-had-us-in-the-first-half-not-gonna-

• Balta1701 changed the title to Dodgers gonna cut Trevor Bauer now that he’s reinstated (updated 12/22)
  • Kyyle23 locked this topic