2023-24 NFL Season Thread

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Are you on drugs.  Like seriously what the hell is any of this

Sure, lots of drugs here in China where it’s a death penalty offense.

Brilliant stuff.

I’m on drugs because watching OU games is a way of honoring my  father who died 23 years ago…I know 10x more about the Sooners than the White Sox, but it’s just a weird obsession i guess.

Edited by caulfield12

17 hours ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Who were any of us to doubt GB and Jordan Love? Not setting up the HOF placard yet, but he has looked great the last two games. 

He is ok.  Lions have hit a wall, Goff giving it away like he has the last two games made it very easy for Love in the first half, and Campbell going for it on every fourth down in the second half basically sealed the deal 

21 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Reich out.  Probably the best news he has heard all season 

I think while it's unfair to give a coach a bad roster and a rookie QB and fire them year one...

I also think it was clear that since Reich lost Steichen his offense had gone down the tubes, he had no run scheme, and was not a good coach.

Him doing the Nagy of giving up playcalling, then taking it back, was clearly a death knell especially after another brutal offensive day.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Maybe I'm just a sensitive bears fan, but I really dislike how NFL media enjoys a good pile-on when a team is down. NFL commentary boils down to "Good teams great oh my god so great! Bad teams bad oh my god trash"

Dunking on things = clicks

18 minutes ago, Quin said:

Also, the Cardinals vs. Bears tank game is going to be hilarious if they both enter with their current win totals or tied.

Meh, the Arizona tank game was Az vs Carolina.  That was the one to worry about.  The Bears will likely be top ten regardless 

57 minutes ago, bmags said:

Maybe I'm just a sensitive bears fan, but I really dislike how NFL media enjoys a good pile-on when a team is down. NFL commentary boils down to "Good teams great oh my god so great! Bad teams bad oh my god trash"

I really don't know what people expected. Yes, Stroud has been ridiculous this year despite limitations on that roster. Major kudos to Stroud, but lets not pretend like anyone was seeing this coming (like no one).  On the inverse - Young struggling with a poor roster, not a surprise. I here people saying Panthers are doomed - they have a #1 overall pick at QB in his first year.  The kid can play, albeit, his frame is small so the question is can he stand up to take the beating.  I fully expect you will see Young improve in year 2 and if he is healthy he will be a good QB (I'm not saying great).  

The problem with Panthers is - they leveraged the farm too soon. I get selling out for a QB - but they mortgaged a lot without pieces around the QB.  Although I Get it - you got to get the QB.  It is basically what Bears have done forever. This upcoming draft is the first time in my lifetime that I can remember, where the team wouldn't be mortgaging anything to take a QB high (and they would also have plenty of parts around the young QB - with the only current exception being the HC).  

But if the Bears were to go with a QB with one of their first 2 picks, they aren't mortgaging anything, they still have another high pick for another weapon, plus have Kmet, solid running backs, solid oline (sans center), DJ Moore, and the cap space to add more weapons too.