2023-24 NFL Season Thread

10 minutes ago, Quin said:

My brain wants to tell me that that's photoshopped.

What the f***???

His agent has to be furious that's the picture Rap went with

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Apparently the Bears aren't going to meet with Daniels.Ā  Coincidence?Ā  I think not.

Why would they want a Justin Fields regen after they just traded Justin Fields?Ā 

On 3/27/2024 at 11:18 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

Itā€™s gotta be photoshopped, right?

No, it's just an elbow superficial bursitis. He hit it on something. It's all external to the joint. They will drain it and it will be fine. I've seen them the size of a baseball.

6 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Ā 

Diggs was pretty bad from week 7 through the end of the season, actually he was really bad. Wonder if the Bills think he's cooked.

4 hours ago, T R U said:

Diggs was pretty bad from week 7 through the end of the season, actually he was really bad. Wonder if the Bills think he's cooked.

This is also the 2nd team that has said "You're very good but it's time to move on."Ā 

As he gets older, starting to think he may not be worth the trouble. He's going to what seems like a fantastic situation in Houston, but given the cost, plus I believe he has an opt out after this year if he wants, I actually prefer the Allen deal the Bears executed on than the 2nd rounder it cost for Diggs.Ā 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

This is also the 2nd team that has said "You're very good but it's time to move on."Ā 

As he gets older, starting to think he may not be worth the trouble. He's going to what seems like a fantastic situation in Houston, but given the cost, plus I believe he has an opt out after this year if he wants, I actually prefer the Allen deal the Bears executed on than the 2nd rounder it cost for Diggs.Ā 

Houston will also receive a fifth and sixth round pick for 2025, but I still agree with you that a second rounder is too steep a price for Diggs.

In other news, Caleb met with the Bears today and Odunze meets with them tomorrow.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Tony said:

Ā 

Edited by champagne030

7 hours ago, bmags said:

I love how much this is getting dragged.

Ā 

What - draft a franchise qb and build around them? Novel concept - when you hit on the qb. If you hit - than you can actually miss a few of these moves and still look like geniuses. Inverse is if you miss on qb - you can have a few big hits and it wonā€™t cover up the inverse unless you really hit and have an elite d and everything else.Ā 

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

What - draft a franchise qb and build around them? Novel concept - when you hit on the qb. If you hit - than you can actually miss a few of these moves and still look like geniuses. Inverse is if you miss on qb - you can have a few big hits and it wonā€™t cover up the inverse unless you really hit and have an elite d and everything else.Ā 

Very much the equivalent of "throw the touchdown play".

Texans have done a great job turning it around, made some really good hires. A lot of teams tried to do what they did. The jets fans responses to that were pretty priceless. Almost a complete recreation of what the texans did except their QB was awful.

Ā 

23 hours ago, Tony said:

Looks like the Texans voided the last few years of Diggsā€™ deal and paid him some additional salary this year to try and give him an incentive to play for a new contract.

Edited by The Beast

39 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Looks like the Texans voided the last few years of Diggsā€™ deal and paid him some additional salary this year to try and give him an incentive to play for a new contract.

Has Diggs really had an issue with motivation? I feel like he's a diva because he always wants the ball. If you put him in a contract year, he's just gonna want the ball more. Wouldn't that possibly create more issues for him?Ā 

57 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Has Diggs really had an issue with motivation? I feel like he's a diva because he always wants the ball. If you put him in a contract year, he's just gonna want the ball more. Wouldn't that possibly create more issues for him?Ā 

He was pretty much in a contract year anyway.Ā  They voided the last 3 years where Diggs had zero guaranteed money, so he was going to hold out/request a trade or be cut with a zero cap hit.Ā  Houston is still paying Diggs a $1M less than the Bears are paying Allen this year.Ā  Diggs is clearly better than Allen this year, but I don't know how to weigh the 50 pick difference in draft capital and it being a 2024 vs a 2025 pick.

2 hours ago, champagne030 said:

He was pretty much in a contract year anyway.Ā  They voided the last 3 years where Diggs had zero guaranteed money, so he was going to hold out/request a trade or be cut with a zero cap hit.Ā  Houston is still paying Diggs a $1M less than the Bears are paying Allen this year.Ā  Diggs is clearly better than Allen this year, but I don't know how to weigh the 50 pick difference in draft capital and it being a 2024 vs a 2025 pick.

I actually don't think Diggs was any better than Allen last year. Diggs was mid to terrible the last 10 games of the year while Allen was on pace for like 1600 receiving yards had he not gotten hurt at the end of the year.Ā 

Allen is also a much better guy for a young QB to have. He also won't complain if he doesn't get enough targets like Diggs.Ā 

Him being 2 years younger is a plus for Diggs though. Although I think with Allen's game so reliant on route running and less on his speed and athleticism, he should age well if he stays healthy.Ā 

• Like 1

Im not buying the Texans. They played a last place schedule and beat the following teams..

Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Tampa, Cincy, Arizona, Denver, Tennessee X2, and Indy. They beat Joe Flacco in the playoffs, big deal. I don't think they had a single good win, maybe Cincy on the road but they weren't that great even with Burrow playing.

Now, this is who they get in 2024. Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami, Detroit, Chiefs, Jets, Packers, Cowboys.. this is a very different schedule they are about to face. Depending on how Caleb looks they get the Bears too and that's probably not going to be a gimme.

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Im not buying the Texans. They played a last place schedule and beat the following teams..

Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Tampa, Cincy, Arizona, Denver, Tennessee X2, and Indy. They beat Joe Flacco in the playoffs, big deal. I don't think they had a single good win, maybe Cincy on the road but they weren't that great even with Burrow playing.

Now, this is who they get in 2024. Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami, Detroit, Chiefs, Jets, Packers, Cowboys.. this is a very different schedule they are about to face. Depending on how Caleb looks they get the Bears too and that's probably not going to be a gimme.

ok but they aren't rolling out their 2023 team to play the 2024 schedule. They get year 2 of Stroud + Slowik with better skill players, most of their defensive players back (who were young) and a likely upgrade in Danielle Hunter.

Some of the teams you are referencing could easily be worse. Baltimore lost MacDonald and could see their D start to fade, Buffalo is self explanatory, Miami's D could easily be worse and tua is injury prone, Chiefs in regular season may not be that difficult, and Cowboys lost quinn.

Houston has continuity with a young roster and got better. Hence why people think they'll get better.