4/18 Phillies @ White Sox GM1, 3:10PM CT, NBCSC/ESPN1000

Tnetennba

• Capn12 pinned this topic

Get the first one, and I feel decent about the 2nd with the lefty in Falter going in the nightcap.  

Things looks a whole lot brighter with a DH sweep today.  Alternatively, things look a whole lot more bleak with a bad showing today.  About as big of a day as you can find in April, honestly.  Hope the boys come to play.  

Curious who the 26th man will be - options on the 40 man include Martin, Scholtens, German, Alexy and Padilla.  Martin threw 6 innings on Friday, so would be on short rest but is probably the favorite to get the call to give some length.  Sholtens threw 6 innings Sat, so is probably out.  Both German and Padilla threw an inning on Sunday so should be available but cannot give length.  Alexy has 10 walks in 2 1/3 innings so probably isn't an option, though he'd fit right in! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Get the first one, and I feel decent about the 2nd with the lefty in Falter going in the nightcap.  

Things looks a whole lot brighter with a DH sweep today.  Alternatively, things look a whole lot more bleak with a bad showing today.  About as big of a day as you can find in April, honestly.  Hope the boys come to play.  

Curious who the 26th man will be - options on the 40 man include Martin, Scholtens, German, Alexy and Padilla.  Martin threw 6 innings on Friday, so would be on short rest but is probably the favorite to get the call to give some length.  Sholtens threw 6 innings Sat, so is probably out.  Both German and Padilla threw an inning on Sunday so should be available but cannot give length.  Alexy has 10 walks in 2 1/3 innings so probably isn't an option, though he'd fit right in! 

Nick Padilla it is.  7 walks to 9 Ks in 7 1/3 in Charlotte.  1.36 WHIP in super SSS. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

7 walks? Obviously the guy to be on the big league roster! They can all sit out there, and talk about their approach towards not throwing strikes.

That makes him look like Greg Maddux compared to most of the minor leaguers 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

This 2 week stretch defines their season. I know they have injuries...but without some positive results (especially bullpen/fielding), I just don't see them getting out of a funk hole they have dug themselves in since Tony. 

Two game stretch? I mean if they lose both today...put a fork in them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Really feels imperative they take 1 game. Taking both is a pipedream unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Really feels imperative they take 1 game. Taking both is a pipedream unfortunately.

I think they’ll win game 2. They still rock mediocre lefties, albeit no TA certainly hurts there. Wheeler will be tough in game 1.

The Chicago White Sox have added right-handed pitcher Nick Padilla from Class AAA Charlotte to serve as the 27th player for today’s doubleheader vs. Philadelphia.

Padilla, 26, is 0-0 with a 1.23 ERA (1 ER/7.1 IP), one walk, seven strikeouts and a .120 (3-25) opponents average in six relief appearances with Charlotte in 2023, his first full season in the White Sox organizaton.

32 minutes ago, Green Line said:

They need to survive until Liam and Crochet come back.  Gotta win both today.  

you think that will make a difference in the grand scheme of things?

all it does is ruin a higher draft pick

Edited by joejoesox
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Green Line said:

They need to survive until Liam and Crochet come back.  Gotta win both today.  

I think it's a need to survive until Joe kelly, Hendriks, Crochet, Anderson, Moncada come back.

AND hope no one else gets hurt