Billy Hamilton Back

CWSpalehoseCWS

Only the White Sox organization can say with a straight face to their fanbase that they are promoting washed up AAAA asset Billy Hamilton to the major league roster in the same breath that they also say with a straight face that they are still trying to breathe life into a team to compete for the playoffs and remain in the conversation as being one of the premier AL teams. 

Either they are too dumb to know how bad at this they are, or they are just that sociopathic towards their fanbase. I honestly can’t decide which these days.

• Like 7

Since the end of the 2018 season, over the last 4 seasons, Billy Hamilton has a combined 549 PAs. He has 91 hits, 10 doubles, 3 triples, 2 home runs over those 4 seasons combined. I get the late speed threat, but keeping a guy on the team to just steal bases when you can’t and shouldn’t win games anyway makes no sense. Billy Hamilton literally adds no future value to this organization whatsoever. He’s just another schlub who plays one aspect of baseball well enough to have had a middling career like so many other schlubs we have had before. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I have no problem with adding some life to this team.  It would be disappointing yet not surprising if Moncada goes on the 60-day.

Agreed!  Hamilton finds a way to be useful.  Speed has a way of helping out...especially in those late inning close games.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Promotion of Billy could significantly reduce the likelihood of gong show fielding plays in the late innings perhaps...

For what end? Defense means nothing when the team is already out. Who cares about fielding at this point? This season is over.

I don’t even care if Eloy gets hurt. Let them play and sink or swim. We need to find out what these men can do that we have invested so much in. If the gong show happens, let them lose by 11. A better draft pick is what we want anyway. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

For what end? Defense means nothing when the team is already out. Who cares about fielding at this point? This season is over.

I don’t even care if Eloy gets hurt. Let them play and sink or swim. We need to find out what these men can do that we have invested so much in. If the gong show happens, let them lose by 11. A better draft pick is what we want anyway. 

Fair enough. Your anger is certainly justified.

2 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I’m assuming Yoan is going to the 60, because he needs to be added to the 40-man. Sosa was officially sent down according to the transaction page.

German was dfa’d and I believe they already had a spot open on 40 man. That transaction would have to have been done before adding anyone to it, if it were necessary

2 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

German was dfa’d and I believe they already had a spot open on 40 man. That transaction would have to have been done before adding anyone to it, if it were necessary

Right, Alexy was removed from the 40-man last week. Diekman and German DFA’d for Colome and Peralta.

Edited by Bob Sacamano