DVS: Liam Hendriks to begin rehab stint shortly

Quin

• Quin changed the title to DVS: Liam Hendriks to begin rehab stint shortly

Really hoping he can come back healthy and strong, and be sent to a team that has a legitimate shot at a World Series, assuming the Sox don't go 41-21 (50-42 overall) before the All Star Break to climb back into it.

Liam has tasted postseason victory twice, winning the 2015 Division Series with Toronto defeating Texas before losing to World Series Champion Kansas City in the ALCS, and then of course beating the White Sox in the 2020 Wild Card series before losing to Houston in the Division Series.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Really hoping he can come back healthy and strong, and be sent to a team that has a legitimate shot at a World Series, assuming the Sox don't go 41-21 (50-42 overall) before the All Star Break to climb back into it.

Liam has tasted postseason victory twice, winning the 2015 Division Series with Toronto defeating Texas before losing to World Series Champion Kansas City in the ALCS, and then of course beating the White Sox in the 2020 Wild Card series before losing to Houston in the Division Series.

He'd have to get quite a few save opportunities and convert on most of them while the Sox play .500 or less ball for him to be traded. Seems doable. However I am not hoping for much from Hendriks except that he remain healthy for many many years.

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I hope he comes back strong and productive and stays cancer free.

This will be the best feel-good story in baseball in 2023!

Agreed, if nothing else if he is productive the Sox can get something for him come July when Hahn announced a rebuild on the rebuild (which was on a rebuild...)🤡

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Agreed, if nothing else if he is productive the Sox can get something for him come July when Hahn announced a rebuild on the rebuild (which was on a rebuild...)🤡

From all reports I read and hear about, they keep saying he looks in great shape and progressing well. Of course we are all hoping and speculating on this Nobody will know the end result until he actually makes it back in his first couple of closing appearances.

Having said that, if I had to pick one Sox player on this team to make a huge comeback from cancer and major adversity, for me personally, I don't think there is another Sox player on this team with a more determined work ethic and attitude to accomplish this.

Plus you're right, if Liam is anything close to the old Liam, then Hahn just might get something good back in trade. for the Rebuild 2.0! As we all know, closers at trade deadline are usually highly coveted by the good teams looking for that one missing piece to go win it all. Case in point...go see Rick Hahn's trade for Kimbrel two years ago.

I'm an old dude that still plays video games and currently playing a ton of MLB The Show.  Saw this thread this morning and thought it was pretty cool. 

For the uninitiated, The Show will temporarily "supercharge" players in the game to 99 overalls based on recent performances in real life, a group of players from around the country is advocating for Liam to get the supercharge boost upon his return for beating cancer, always neat to see national Sox love. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBTheShow/comments/138pjc5/motion_to_supercharge_liam_hendriks_upon_him/?sort=top

image.png

• Like 3

On 5/3/2023 at 11:29 AM, The Kids Can Play said:

I hope he comes back strong and productive and stays cancer free.

This will be the best feel-good story in baseball in 2023!

I agree and think the whole thing is great. I just don't think he'll get many save opportunities.

3 minutes ago, Highland said:

I agree and think the whole thing is great. I just don't think he'll get many save opportunities.

You might be right. I guess we're all wishing for that great feel-good story.

However if Liam actually does have success, then all the losers in the Sox bullpen will have to realize one big thing; their fellow teammate just sat in a hospital for several months getting chemo and beating cancer...then was able to come back with little time to prepare....and embarrass the pathetic relievers that they are.