White Sox at Royals, 5/11/23

Balta1701

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

TLR is really looking better and better as this season goes on. For whatever flaws he had, and he had a bunch, the team never tanked like this and it's basically the same team as last year.

Did you miss the 8 game losing streak in April '22 where I was joking that the Mon-Stars had stolen all their baseball abilities because of how bad they looked and the 8 game losing streak where they gave up after having lost the first game of a key series to Cleveland?

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Did you miss the 8 game losing streak in April '22 where I was joking that the Mon-Stars had stolen all their baseball abilities because of how bad they looked and the 8 game losing streak where they gave up after having lost the first game of a key series to Cleveland?

TLR won 81 games last year with a bunch of stiffs.  Grifol and company are gonna be lucky to win 65 this year. 

Tony was never the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Teams all over the Majors the rest of the year are going to be licking their chops in anticipation of playing this pathetic bunch of stiffs.

Can you imagine how horrible the roster will be after the deadline?  Considering there are no interesting prospects they can call up, I’m going to end up watching hardly any games the final few months.

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Teams all over the Majors the rest of the year are going to be licking their chops in anticipation of playing this pathetic bunch of stiffs.

3-8 in the lineup actually with decent offensive numbers right now. 

It's Sosa Anderson and Benintendi with the worst stats. 

Anderson had something like the highest rolling MLB batting average over a 3-4 year period heading into the 2022 season. 

Pretty incredible. 

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I mean last year's team was better on paper, but they finished with 81 wins. This year we will be lucky to win 65. TLR wasn't the solution but in hindsight he wasn't he main problem either.

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

not gonna happen. he will be here for at least another year. Hahn made it clear his job is safe. 

I think Hahn is gone.

Only real thing would be to fire Grifol and hire Ozzie.  I only say Ozzie as he would come cheap and if they are paying 4 guys that is what they need.  

Would bring some fans out as well.

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

not gonna happen. he will be here for at least another year. Hahn made it clear his job is safe. 

Why was Grifol even hired in the first place? The Sox couldn't find anyone else besides this dude? It looks like this team quit on him a long time ago... 

5 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

TLR won 81 games last year with a bunch of stiffs.  Grifol and company are gonna be lucky to win 65 this year. 

Tony was never the problem. 

Yeah I’m sure the guy who slept in the dugout, had the closer run the bases, and intentionally walked hitters with 2 strikes was never the problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, LittleHurtCG said:

Why was Grifol even hired in the first place? The Sox couldn't find anyone else besides this dude? It looks like this team quit on him a long time ago... 

quit means they ever played hard for him

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Yeah I’m sure the guy who slept in the dugout, had the closer run the bases, and intentionally walked hitters with 2 strikes was never the problem.

It’s amazing how the downfall seemed to occur once he acted like a total idiot about Yermin’s homer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic