5/29/2023: Chicago White Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels 7:10 PM CDT TV: NBCSCH & National FS1; Radio WMVP AM 1000

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

He didn't pitch that bad.  Key hit was the Moniak blooper.  Single. Yaz can't throw. Sac Fly. Single off the shortstops's glove.

Ump screwed him on 2 calls too

• Like 1

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Owner doesn't give a s%*# so it doesn't matter what anyone does. 

Oh really? From many posts it sounds like people want a change. Not sure how many of you spend money on this team but cutting spending would be a better way than ripping Hahn, JR and Grifol over and over in repackaged new ways. Maybe not watching or following the team makes sense. Doing something is better than writing the same analytical or short posts over and over about the same cast of characters.

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Oh really? From many posts it sounds like people want a change. Not sure how many of you spend money on this team but cutting spending would be a better way than ripping Hahn, JR and Grifol over and over in repackaged new ways. Maybe not watching or following the team makes sense. Doing something is better than writing the same analytical or short posts over and over about the same cast of characters.

Close SoxTalk to get revenge on Hahn, lol? 

He would probably be elated to have less noise in terms of constant online criticism and invective. 

• Like 2

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I actually thought Bummer was a better choice than Hendriks for the 8th since Thaiss is lefty and so is Walsh. Rengifo SH.

It was fine when the game was pretty much already decided early. 

Not a 1 run deficit late. 

This team needs a near total rebuild. It starts with firing Hahn in the next couple weeks and bringing in a GM with a proven winning record with a winning organization. Then you basically start listening to trade offers on everyone. There is no untouchables if the return is right. The whole key is to get rid of Hahn and get someone who knows how to construct a winning team.

Of course none of this will happen so F it!

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

It doesn’t, but he still didn’t look like someone who is ready to contribute right now

Let’s see how his next outing goes.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I mean yeah it does, we Don’t want him to struggle and he doesn’t want to have a bad first night back. It won’t decide a division, but rushing him back so that he could pitch on a holiday with a good crowd, eh.

I guess we would need to know whose decision it was to get him back tonight, his or management’s. If anything he could have thrown the ninth or waited until tomorrow. Who knows if there is a best way to handle him as he gets back.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

White Sox bullpen up to 29th best ERA. 

It makes me wonder if the walks are up significantly this year. People will still attend and JR‘s theory is coming true.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This,

White Sox 5+ Runs: 14-6

White Sox 0-4 Runs: 8-27

Thank you counselor, I think we can rest the case with this one. Is this from Baseball Reference? You’re quick and effective with this stuff.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

My man had 5 whole innings of "Spring Training", and they weren't a good 5 innings. Really no reason whatsoever, to try and rush him not only up to the bigs, but to put him into a 1 run game in the 8th?

But then again, this is the Chicago White Sox organization.

Because Pedro refuses to ever deviate from his script.  He’s a horrible, horrible manager.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t think too many teams have 20 games where they’ve scored 5+ and 35 with 4 or fewer.

the point was scoring 5+ probably a winning record and 4 or less a loser. I’m aware the Sox are no good. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned this topic