7/2 Gamethread - TBD vs. Blackburn

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

DVS from the Sun Times called it "pulled for unspecified reasons", perhaps Rick will tell us Tuesday if he is not off to attend a Fourth of July parade in the suburbs.

Everyone else on the team seems to be hurt again so why not with a guy who has already been hurt 18 previous times. 😆

Or maybe the selling off has already begun!

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

But none of the coaches caught this over the past month????

Jake prolly should have given his hitting coach a break and not brought this up. But I don't consider it a big deal, just a "cute" story crediting the wife. If you have no sense of humor at all it makes the hitting coach look bad tho.

4 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I'm hoping that Burger starts hitting again. I would think he would  be the starting 3rd baseman if he  hits. Hopefully this will be the end of Moncada on the team.

I consider Moncada an official bust. I'd deal him as soon as Sox can get 3 guys for him. Cmon. Some team will think they can fix him. Deal him soon.

5 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

How many Sox fans were hoping for an A's walkoff win?

How did we almost get swept by a miserable team that had no fans in the stands? Oh my our Sox stink.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I consider Moncada an official bust. I'd deal him as soon as Sox can get 3 guys for him. Cmon. Some team will think they can fix him. Deal him soon.

Three guys for him? They'll be lucky to get a couple of class A prospects and that's only if they pay a large portion of his remaining salary.

Besides according to Whitesox.com today he's not projected to return until August... past the deadline...the Sox are stuck with him until after the 2024 season.

Of course this being the White Sox he'll sign with Cleveland or Baltimore and promptly turn into the guy who was considered the #1 prospect in all of baseball. 😆

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

That's why we pay her the big bucks.  Seriously, and I am an old guy not given to exaggeration, this was one of the most disgusting  wins ever.  Words fail me.  Bullpen uglier than excrement.

Edited by Stinky Stanky
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Three guys for him? They'll be lucky to get a couple of class A prospects and that's only if they pay a large portion of his remaining salary.

Besides according to Whitesox.com today he's not projected to return until August... past the deadline...the Sox are stuck with him until after the 2024 season.

Of course this being the White Sox he'll sign with Cleveland or Baltimore and promptly turn into the guy who was considered the #1 prospect in all of baseball. 😆

The number doesn't make a difference. There will be player(s) coming back and there will be cash going out.  But most likely there will be 1 prospect and a couple of players we will never hear from again. Most likely the cash amount will swing the deal as this looks like a lost cause.

10 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Supposed to be secret but Mrs. Burger is director of hitting. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

Jake prolly should have given his hitting coach a break and not brought this up. But I don't consider it a big deal, just a "cute" story crediting the wife. If you have no sense of humor at all it makes the hitting coach look bad tho.

First of all, you're right it's funny, because it's a absurd joke that Jake's wife had to watch video and notice something wrong in her husband's stance. I'm glad and thankful Jake brought this up to the media, so more fans can clearly realize what a farce this coaching staff is. 

Secondly, it is a huge deal that the hitting coach wasn't spending endless hours watching all of Jake's best at bats, versus the struggling at bats. The hitting coach should have been coming up with some suggestions to work with Jake in the batting cage. However you're one point is correct; it makes the hitting coach look like a complete imbecile.

Thirdly, why the hell wasn't Grifol demanding that the hitting coach work harder on correcting Jake. 

I've said it before many times in here...Grifol was a disaster hire along with this coaches that he selected. 

Of course the only thing more appalling and disgusting than the Grifol hire, is the POS JR hasn't fired the loser Rick Hahn yet.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

10 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

That's why we pay her the big bucks.  Seriously, and I am an old guy not given to exaggeration, this was one of the most disgusting  wins ever.  Words fail me.  Bullpen uglier than excrement.

But they are well paid excrement! 😀

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

Not due to come off the IL until August, how do you trade him anytime soon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It destroys the theory of the Sox trading their best players for this make believe haul.  It would be a fantasy to have a farm system that has players who are there because there is no ML roster spot for them.

Trading your best players like a Robert is something a small market team operates.  Some organizations can do that because they better scouting and development.  Then there are the Royals who never get better.  The Sox are closer to they Royals than the Rays.   So the idea of a haul is closer to a fleece.  It's not yesterdays news that opposing GMs know the Sox are not good at scouting and development.

20 hours ago, JoshPR said:

Jake Burger = Modern day Rob Deer

Little too early to pigeonhole him. I mean yea u could be right just like everyone saying the magic has wore off could be right but he did the same thing last year then didnt stick around . Was too crowded for another DH and he had that horrible stretch of fielding . He's looked ok at 3rd  n. Not as good a Moncada is in the field but heck he might get better .

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Little too early to pigeonhole him. I mean yea u could be right just like everyone saying the magic has wore off could be right but he did the same thing last year then didnt stick around . Was too crowded for another DH and he had that horrible stretch of fielding . He's looked ok at 3rd  n. Not as good a Moncada is in the field but heck he might get better .

Still love the Jake Burger story. Crazy to think of how much better he could be had he not lost 3 years of development time.

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Still love the Jake Burger story. Crazy to think of how much better he could be had he not lost 3 years of development time.

Thats what I keep saying dude has lost a s%*# load of time. To have as many HRs as Trout does right now tells me u don't give up on that or dismiss him so easily as another Palka type.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Thats what I keep saying dude has lost a s%*# load of time. To have as many HRs as Trout does right now tells me u don't give up on that or dismiss him so easily as another Palka type.

With everyone healthy, if they still have this idea Eloy should play RF every now and then, I think he at least can stick on the bench over Sheets as a platoon at DH/backup 1B and 3B role. Sheets is basically worthless.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If Burger starts hitting again (bringing up his BA) the team can simply keep him the rest of the season at third base.  If that happens I'm hoping that Moncada will be off the team, one way or another.

9 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

If Burger starts hitting again (bringing up his BA) the team can simply keep him the rest of the season at third base.  If that happens I'm hoping that Moncada will be off the team, one way or another.

His BA should be a little higher but the main thing is he keeps hitting for power and improve defensively and take a few more walks. Lots of guys can be very productive with low BA and high K's like Schwarber. Has to keep his OBP, sluggling % , OPS, OPS+. WRC+ and WAR moving forward. ANd the K's moving downward. HIs BABIP is almost identical to his BA. Usually BABIP is much higher.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I meant it more because it's either feast or famine with him. Either he hits a bomb or ks