7/4 Gamethread (Giolito vs. Bassitt)

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Following on GameDay but nice to see colas and burger strike out on a combines 7 pitches with only 1 of them in the zone.

They missed the pitches by as much as you or I would. Honestly one of the worst offensive innings I’ve ever witnessed.

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

if you need a snap shot of why the white sox are a horrible offensive team

just watch that 9th inning.

closer throws 9 balls and 1 strike.. whiff whiff whiff

Free advanced scouting for any future opponents of the Chicago White Sox....just keep throwing sliders and don't bother throwing them for strikes.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I remember as a kid we'd have the artificial hip bo as a pinch hitcher. I bet even on a metal hip bo could outrun gavin.

I guarantee he would outhit him

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

If Burger is any part of the teaming moving forward they are fucked.  He is God  awful. 

He's a decent minimum contract DH for Tanking 2.0. If he doesn't figure the strike zone out soon, he'll be joining Yermin in Mexico.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

What a horrible signing 

Qualifications - Tony knew him in Saint Louis. Also, see Lance Lynn.

If I counted right, this is the 10th time this season where the White Sox have been 13 games below .500, out of 87 games. I count 17 times when they’ve been 12 games under. One might start thinking they are about this bad.

28 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

11th time this year the Sox had a lead in the 7th inning or later...and lost the game.

Kelly has now been directly responsible for five of those blown games.

Five.

50 losses...halfway to 100!

They should also try a new pitching coach.   If the starters could do the unheard of complete game or go 7 they are closer to .500.  Amazed how mentally weak this pen is.  Too much unclutch.  You know with a late 1 run lead it's gonna be a loss.

Oakland gained another game, now 13 back of the White Sox. The thing about the deadline is Oakland won't lose much, but depending on how aggressive the White Sox are, it would be awesome if Oakland and or Kansas City could catch the White Sox.

I believe Saint Louis will pass the White Sox this weekend.

• White Sox 37-50 -
  • Saint Louis 35-50 1
  • Washington 34-51 2
  • Colorado 33-54 4
  • Kansas City 25-61 11 1/2
  • Oakland 24-63 13

6 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

They should also try a new pitching coach.   If the starters could do the unheard of complete game or go 7 they are closer to .500.  Amazed how mentally weak this pen is.  Too much unclutch.  You know with a late 1 run lead it's gonna be a loss.

Hahn will somehow mention at some point that not having Hendriks messed up his entire plan! LOL.

Scoreboard time!

So who blew the games???????????????

Kelly - 5

Lopez - 2 1/2 

Graveman - 1 1/2

Diekman - 1

Lynn - 1 

*There were a few games where two pitchers were responsible for losing the lead in a single inning*

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • TLR 1

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Oakland gained another game, now 13 back of the White Sox. The thing about the deadline is Oakland won't lose much, but depending on how aggressive the White Sox are, it would be awesome if Oakland and or Kansas City could catch the White Sox.

I believe Saint Louis will pass the White Sox this weekend.

• White Sox 37-50 -
  • Saint Louis 35-50 1
  • Washington 34-51 2
  • Colorado 33-54 4
  • Kansas City 25-61 11 1/2
  • Oakland 24-63 13

Cardinals must be licking their chops for this weekend. Their fans travel well even when they stink....should be a sea of red on the SouthSide come Friday.

I have been a Sox fan for 50 years. I have seen some incredible bad teams and suffered through some incredible awful seasons. For some reason I am more irritated with this team and this season than I have ever been. 

I have stopped watching most of the games. If RH isn't fired during the All Star break I won't watch at all the rest of the season. If your going to sell which they have to do he absolutely can't be in charge of the rebuild. 

At least I got my one World Series Title in my lifetime. 

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I have been a Sox fan for 50 years. I have seen some incredible bad teams and suffered through some incredible awful seasons. For some reason I am more irritated with this team and this season than I have ever been. 

I have stopped watching most of the games. If RH isn't fired during the All Star break I won't watch at all the rest of the season. If your going to sell which they have to do he absolutely can't be in charge of the rebuild. 

At least I got my one World Series Title in my lifetime. 

I told myself in 2005 that would be enough, but I still find myself being pissed.

I just don't understand why I was excited pre season 2022...at best this is a .500 team.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic