Sox v Braves @ 6:20 GAME THREAD

2Deep

5 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

That's the game that i'm watching . I always have the Sox on, but usually watching someone else . the Sox are too depressing.

Just switched to CLE and Tex.

Why I'm not sure.

Rooting for CLE over Minnesota I guess...just from an organizational/financial resources standpoint.

White Sox would be looking at 100+ losses with all those pitching injuries.

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Lucas Luetge was DFA'd in May, sent to AAA, back today. See if the Sox can score on him. 10.24 ERA.

Narrator: They could not.

This was the worst played game since the late April / early May losing streak.

Touki was the bright spot, nice I guess Tim and Andrew each had two hits. Benintendi's ninth inning single the lone other Sox hit.

The Debacle Continues.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tray said:

If they are hitting into 4 double plays, maybe try elevating the ball, bunting, or try to coax a few walks.

Their hitting coach has them doing push-ups and sit-ups every time they hit a ball in the air.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tray said:

If they are hitting into 4 double plays, maybe try elevating the ball, bunting, or try to coax a few walks.

It is a bit puzzling that they can’t get better at bats. The team admits they hit too many ground balls and they were doing things to try to lift the ball. They should try and take more pitches. They swing at the first pitch a lot. 

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

It is a bit puzzling that they can’t get better at bats. The team admits they hit too many ground balls and they were doing things to try to lift the ball. They should try and take more pitches. They swing at the first pitch a lot. 

almost impossible to meaningfully improve strike zone recognition at the MLB level. While you can often change your true talent against certain types of pitches in the zone, you rarely see guys that had a high o-zone swinging percentage in the minors suddenly turn patient at the MLB level.

I'm pretty sure you know this honestly, but just reiterateda: this is an org wide failing, the players are just here and shitty at it because the org doesn't draft for it, doesn't develop it and certainly doesn't put a priority on it. Amazingly we seem to have zero core values as a franchise other than perhaps raw velocity for our staff. There's almost nothing else we do better than bottom 1/3 in MLB.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

almost impossible to meaningfully improve strike zone recognition at the MLB level. While you can often change your true talent against certain types of pitches in the zone, you rarely see guys that had a high o-zone swinging percentage in the minors suddenly turn patient at the MLB level.

I'm pretty sure you know this honestly, but just reiterateda: this is an org wide failing, the players are just here and shitty at it because the org doesn't draft for it, doesn't develop it and certainly doesn't put a priority on it. Amazingly we seem to have zero core values as a franchise other than perhaps raw velocity for our staff. There's almost nothing else we do better than bottom 1/3 in MLB.

Not only do I really not believe this, I also find it fascinating that the White Sox hitters all seem to have consistently gotten worse at this over the past 3 years.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Not only do I really not believe this, I also find it fascinating that the White Sox hitters all seem to have consistently gotten worse at this over the past 3 years.

edit: honestly who even cares arguing about this s%*# team. 

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Seems like a kinda stupid plan then  to draft a 6'7" high school guy who strikes out a s%*# load, huh? Best of luck to him though.

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Isthe hitting coach a common denominator combined with poor players selection by RH?

17 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Agree.  Need to be more patient at the plate, then can get more walks and get better pitches to hit, and get opposing starters out of the game sooner.