Sox v Braves @ 6:20 GAME THREAD

2Deep

15 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Not only do I really not believe this, I also find it fascinating that the White Sox hitters all seem to have consistently gotten worse at this over the past 3 years.

Guardians have made a living mostly getting guys more power than expected by improving pitch recognition. 

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Even though I know better I’m still constantly amazed just how bad this team is.

Can the Sox just go on strike in solidarity with the Writers? This crap is pretty unwatchable.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Enough of this "lost valuable time with tommy john" s%*#. Kopech blows. This is who he is

I really liked this kid and hoped he would become a good pitcher for the Sox. Now it would be best for him to be traded to the Tampa organization so that his career could be saved.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Saufley said:

I really liked this kid and hoped he would become a good pitcher for the Sox. Now it would be best for him to be traded to the Tampa organization so that his career could be saved.

Between injuries, sitting out the COVID year and his off the field dramas... this guy is a lost cause.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Between injuries, sitting out the COVID year and his off the field dramas... this guy is a lost cause.

And being stuck in the bullpen when he desperately needed to get innings in a minor league rotation. Don’t let management off the hook for this.

When you take a guy who hasn’t thrown a pitch in 2.5 years and who needed innings to build up his control pre injury, and you throw him 60 innings in the bullpen; injury and control struggles was the likely result. But of course, Rick got 4 months of middle relief.

• Like 1

Ozzie on the postgame show: "I don't want to talk about Pedro because every time Pedro talks I get aggravated"

😆

"He says Kopech throw the ball good - he's throwing 98-99 miles an hour, but he can't throw strikes. He says Kopech feels good. How does he know? He doesn't know...Kopech feels good, Anderson feels good...everybody feels good. I'm just going to flush this because I don't want to talk about him."

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Big Hurt really critical of the Sox on the postgame with Oz. He wants young guys who want to play (like Colas and the Reds young guys). The insinuation was most of these guys don't care.

Not sure which Sox are culprits. I'd get rid of Timmy and Moncada for starters. You have to wonder if some of the guys look like they don't care (Tim, Eloy Robert) sometimes cause of our questionable medical staff. Sox are always getting hurt since that longtime trainer retired.

Anyhow it was great to see Hurt and Ozzie ripping this gawd-awful team. Pedro and the hitting coach and pitching coach need to be the first to take a hike with Timmy and Moncada and Grandal though.

I have no idea of these guys personalities but Burger and Vaughn "might" care they just seem overanxious sometimes. Sheets needs a change of scenery. The pitchers ... I wouldn't keep any of em cept liam and Cease. Need a new pitching coach and clean house. Teach Cease to stop walking people. 

Edited by greg775
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Ozzie on the postgame show: "I don't want to talk about Pedro because every time Pedro talks I get aggravated"

😆

"He says Kopech throw the ball good - he's throwing 98-99 miles an hour, but he can't throw strikes. He says Kopech feels good. How does he know? He doesn't know...Kopech feels good, Anderson feels good...everybody feels good. I'm just going to flush this because I don't want to talk about him."

Ozzie is right.  Pedro is not a good manager.  He is incapable of making adjustments and calling out his players that are not performing.  This job is over his head.  Deer in the headlights in the dugout.

The Sox really get boatraced when they play good teams. I despised playing the Central that often in the past, but it kept Tony at .500. These Central teams are at a different level than real teams. Braves, Rays, many others just rule the White Sox.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Big Hurt really critical of the Sox on the postgame with Oz. He wants young guys who want to play (like Colas and the Reds young guys). The insinuation was most of these guys don't care.

Not sure which Sox are culprits. I'd get rid of Timmy and Moncada for starters. You have to wonder if some of the guys look like they don't care (Tim, Eloy Robert) sometimes cause of our questionable medical staff. Sox are always getting hurt since that longtime trainer retired.

Anyhow it was great to see Hurt and Ozzie ripping this gawd-awful team. Pedro and the hitting coach and pitching coach need to be the first to take a hike with Timmy and Moncada and Grandal though.

I have no idea of these guys personalities but Burger and Vaughn "might" care they just seem overanxious sometimes. Sheets needs a change of scenery. The pitchers ... I wouldn't keep any of em cept liam and Cease. Need a new pitching coach and clean house. Teach Cease to stop walking people. 

Put Pedro, his coaches, TA, Grandal and RH on a one way ticket flight  anywhere out of town as far as possible for starters.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

The Sox really get boatraced when they play good teams. I despised playing the Central that often in the past, but it kept Tony at .500. These Central teams are at a different level than real teams. Braves, Rays, many others just rule the White Sox.

Add Toronto to the list this year.we are birdseed for those Jays.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I so agree.  The Braves game was a disgrace. LIke I said in another post: Men against boys.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Sorry for being out of the loop, but what were Kopech's off field issues? I'm well aware of TA's foibles but not Kopech. Thanks. 

For a few years he was dating a reality TV stars daughter which generated publicity then he married an actress, who if I remember right got pregnant with someone else, they separated, got back together, had a child and he admitted having some emotional and mental strain (can't blame him for that of course).

The point being between his injuries his sitting out the COVID year (one of the few players who did that) and all the "Hollywood gossip stuff" it seems the very last thing on his mind is becoming a solid pitcher.