Garfein's new podcast 7/24...

Lip Man 1

Just watched it on You Tube.

Wow...he and McGuffey bury Grifol.

Just absolutely skewer him.

He acts like "his s%*# don't stink..." - Garfien.

Talks about his arrogance (which is par for the course for this franchise/front office isn't it?????)

Worth watching/listening to.

I've always considered Garfien a house-man but I've got to give him some credit...he is really pissed off and laying into this franchise now. Guess he isn't worried about his job anymore for some reason. 

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

23 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Just watched it on You Tube.

Wow...he and McGuffie bury Grifol.

Just absolutely skewer him.

"He acts like his s%*# don't stink..." - Garfein.

Talks about his arrogance (which is par for the course for this franchise/front office isn't it?????)

Worth watching/listening to.

I've always considered Garfein a house-man but I've got to give him some credit...he is really pissed off and laying into this franchise now. Guess he isn't worried about his job anymore for some reason. 

Thanks for posting the link

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Meh.  Grifol is the obvious scapegoat and the company men probably know he’s fair game.  Wake me up when they take JR to task for the state of this org…

They actually have by association when they talk about the shortcomings of the front office and how accountability is needed. They have mentioned JR by name at times saying how it's up to him to change things and how "miserable" he is. 

4 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Can anyone find this on YouTube? I cannot.

All I can tell you is that I just watched it. It dropped 13 hours ago via NBC Sports Chicago. Runs :40 minutes and has been seen by 1.7K. 

That's all I've got. 

19 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Yawn boring. Grifol may be a s%*# stain on the carpet, but Rick/Jerry/Kenny are the huge pile in the middle of the room. 

They all need to go. It’s not Pedro’s fault they suck, but he’s done nothing to show he is a capable major league manager. The team needs to cut its losses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They all need to go. It’s not Pedro’s fault they suck, but he’s done nothing to show he is a capable major league manager. The team needs to cut its losses.

Agree but he’s not the primary issue.  If he managed Tampa they’d still be in the playoffs. If Kevin Cash was our manager we’d still be a pile of crap. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, NCsoxfan said:

Yawn boring. Grifol may be a s%*# stain on the carpet, but Rick/Jerry/Kenny are the huge pile in the middle of the room. 

• Jerry Reinsdorf - 43 years (1981-2023)
  • Kenny Williams - 36 years (1986-1989 & 1992-2023)
  • Rick Hahn - 21 years (2002-2023)
  • Pedro Grifol - Nearing 9 months (November 1 - July 24)

It’s Pedro’s fault. Got it Chuck.

Garfien had the same spiel after Ricky led them to the best winning percentage in the Hahn era, a mark which still stands.

Chuck is NBCSCH Bob Nightengale, and also needs to go.

3 hours ago, flavum said:

This is how you spell Garfien.

I miss the Chicago News Bureau and journalists who worked there.

Enjoy Seymour Hersh’s independent reporting and books, one of the best in the business.

Rest In Peace Chicago Daily News (12/23/1885 - 3/4/1978) & Chicago Sun Times (10/5/1947 - 1/9/1984).

2 hours ago, NCsoxfan said:

Agree. It is set up to have the new guy be the reason the team sucks.  To me he does suck but he is 3-4  down the line for where the blame should be

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

To be fair, they usually are really critical towards the front office. Today was just more Grifol centered.

True especially McGuffey. He is always talking about how the issues with this organization all lead back to the front office not doing their jobs properly.