7/27/23: Cleveland Guardians @ Chicago White Sox - 7:10 PM CDT TV: NBCSCH & Radio WMVP AM 1000

Just now, CBJ03 said:

Kid has played in 41 games and has 138 major league at bats. Everyone  here is so quick to give up on anyone because of how the last couple of years has gone. There's no patience for anyone anymore. Everyone on this team is either someone that needs to be traded or DFA'd according to people here. 

The Sox have made it quite obvious they have an issue with him.  And yes, just look at the WAR of these guys. Most of them have no business starting in the majors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBJ03 said:

Kid has played in 41 games and has 138 major league at bats. Everyone  here is so quick to give up on anyone because of how the last couple of years has gone. There's no patience for anyone anymore. Everyone on this team is either someone that needs to be traded or DFA'd according to people here. 

Welcome to the new age , the new age...

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

The Sox have made it quite obvious they have an issue with him.  And yes, just look at the WAR of these guys. Most of them have no business starting in the majors.

I would argue that they have  MLB starting caliber players but the construction of said players is poor. Robert, Eloy, Anderson, Bennentendi, and even Moncada are starting players on almost every team in baseball in some capacity. Just because the sum of the parts hasn't worked out doesn't mean all the parts are garbage. 

3 minutes ago, CBJ03 said:

I would argue that they have  MLB starting caliber players but the construction of said players is poor. Robert, Eloy, Anderson, Bennentendi, and even Moncada are starting players on almost every team in baseball in some capacity. Just because the sum of the parts hasn't worked out doesn't mean all the parts are garbage. 

Problem is Yoan and Timmy have turned into garbage over the last full year.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Do you think that this is the Tim Anderson that whatever team he's on next will get for the rest of his career or do you think its more likely that he's better next year? Its unfortunate that he's struggled but if I had to bet, I'd bet he'll be much better next year whether he's with the Sox or not. 

And Moncada's back has absolutely killed him this year. It's unfortunate because it killed any chance he had at a normal season. He will probably require disc surgery or being completely shut down which the Sox refuse to do. It's unfortunate more then anything. 

Edited by CBJ03
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

And Benintendi is so very average. He looks like the kind of guy who is on a new team every year. Good enough to fill in the hole in your outfield until your prospect comes up or you sign a real talent, then let him walk.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Quite Obvious? You'll have to show me that.

I know Grifol made some comments about him but they were typical rookie stuff. I have no idea why the Sox would be looking for another RF. They are sucking and will continue to suck. There's no reason whatsoever not to play  Colas and or give Sosa a shot somewhere. At some point AAA success should translate to MLB success when you are young and given time to learn. Plenty of traded young Sox players have continued on to become productive MLB players.

7 minutes ago, CBJ03 said:

Moncada wouldn't even be starting on this team if he wasn't owed over $25 million.

1 minute ago, CBJ03 said:

Do you think that this is the Tim Anderson that whatever team he's on next will get for the rest of his career or do you think its more likely that he's better next year? Its unfortunate that he's struggled but if I had to bet, I'd bet he'll be much better next year whether he's with the Sox or not. 

I don’t know if he ever becomes a double digit homer guy again.  

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Quite Obvious? You'll have to show me that.

I know Grifol made some comments about him but they were typical rookie stuff. I have no idea why the Sox would be looking for another RF. They are sucking and will continue to suck. There's no reason whatsoever not to play  Colas and or give Sosa a shot somewhere. At some point AAA success should translate to MLB success when you are young and given time to learn. Plenty of traded young Sox players have continued on to become productive MLB players.

Sending him down quite early, the Grifol comments, some of the comments by announcers and then just general pessimism about him by people connected to the team.

Listening on the radio since the 5th. This team really does the little things to lose. Constantly giving up extra bases.

Couldn't put away Cubs hitters. Same thing against Cleveland...supposedly a subpar offensive team but not against our Sox.