Guess there's still a game Guardians @ Sox 610 pm

caulfield12

So if the Playoffs started today, is this the Sox' Championship Roster?

Lineup: LF Benintendi^ SS Anderson CF Robert RF Jimenez DH Burger 3B Moncada #  1B Vaughn C Grandal # 2B Remillard

Bench: C Zavala; 2B/SS Andrus 1B Sheets OF Colas

Rotation: Cease; Kopech; Clevinger; Touki

Bullpen: CL Santos 8th Bummer 7th Middleton 6th Lambert Long Banks & Scholtens Other Cronin, Peralta, Shaw

I'm assuming Liam and Crochet are shut down until 2024 or with surgery 2025.

26 minutes ago, wegner said:

Gonna need one of their top 5...you gonna have to pay for Touki baby 😁

Touche is our franchise pitcher. He goes then I goes. 

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Hey MKE, here’s that bat you need…

If Burger and Junior hit homers every night they would still lose. If you added Ohtani they might win some games. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Banks looking okay tonight too.

There's no reason for Andrus, Grandal, Clevinger or Middleton to still be on this team in four days

Anderson either

• Like 1

Also there's no reason for Zavala to be on this team at all either. The only rational reason for him to be rostered is that he's an outstanding defensive catcher, but that really doesn't matter when your team blows. DFA him and see if Perez can be backup when we bring up Lee to hopefully replace Grandal. If we lose him, um, good for him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't want to be that guy but it would be hard to fathom shutting Cleveland out let alone actually winning this game with the muck we have in the BP.

Ha ha. But now with one inning to cover, we may find out who the new closer is.  If it's Santos, maybe Middleton is already traded.

20 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Banks looking okay tonight too.

There's no reason for Andrus, Grandal, Clevinger or Middleton to still be on this team in four days

Banks has pitched well for us the last 2 seasons.  3.7 ERA; 1.15 WHIP.   I guess he doesn't have the greatest stuff, but he doesn't walk half the other team, either.  His numbers are better than these dudes we dealt away.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 4