Burger To Marlins

DirtySox

3 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Okay, I don't get it. The White Sox trade a guy who will probably hit 35 home runs this year for a guy who's pitched a total of 39 innings at A and A+ this year with a combined ERA of 4.12 and a WHIP of 1.35. Plus, he'no kid, he'll be 25 in October. Is this another give away like the Madrigal "trade"?

You're not the only one who doesn't get it. We are giving away a power hitter with amazing HR potential and is only 27 years old with so much upside. We get as you pointed out, a not so young 25 yr old still unproven and still only in AA. We have zero proof he will make it. This is all based on hoping! Yes that same Hope which is based on the horrible track record of the Sox developing pitchers in the minors currently. Just another dumb Rick Hahn fleeced trade.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Burger is a nice story and all, but we just got a LH starter prospect that throws 96+ with a ++ slider. How could anyone possibly complain about this?

It’s a great trade. I also feel bad for Burger having to go to that large field.  Eder is a stud

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

Gonna be funny when Yoan has a sneeze and hurts himself and us gone for a month. Let Fucking Remillard play out the season then. Man we losing 100

And I got laughed off the site when I said the second week of the season that's where we were headed.

Another pitching prospect ?

Aren't Soxfans tired of the SOS.

TJS after he strikes out 12 batters in an exhibition game next year.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GradMc said:

And I got laughed off the site when I said the second week of the season that's where we were headed.

Gavin Sheets working out at third this afternoon in Arlington....apparently played the position on a travel ball squad in Grade 9.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Me too. But I learned a long time ago that business is business. He should be playing 3rd base for the Marlins. They've nothing out of Segura.

Eder was pitching great in AA before TJ and now that he's back his last 2 starts were pretty good.

Segura traded.

5 minutes ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

Rumor is that Miami asked for Eloy but the Sox said no and pivoted to Burger.

Well didn't our genius GM tell the media that his core players, which included Eloy, were untouchable. LOL!

I think at this stage Hahn knows that no matter how bad he does his job...it's totally safe. It's almost like Hahn has a bet with one of his buddies on how far can he test Jerry's patience and loyalty with being stupid. 

You talk about the Sox needing heart and passion and the right type of leaders in the clubhouse, Jake Burger was that dude. For some god awful unknown reason Hahn and co. Cant get their heads out their ass to see he’s better than Moncada…all they had to do was move him to 2nd until his contract expires and stick Burger at 3rd. This organization is ridiculously incompetent.

Edited by Vote4Pedro
  • Like 4
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

You talk about the Sox needing heart and passion and the right type of leaders in the clubhouse, Jake Burger was that dude. For some god awful unknown reason Hahn and co. Cant get their heads out their ass to see he’s better than Moncada…all they had to do was move him to 2nd until his contract expires and stick Burger at 3rd. This organization is ridiculously incompetent.

Well said and I couldn't agree more with you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

He was the most likeable guy on the Sox.  I don't have much interest even watching these guys play anymore this year, except maybe to laugh at them.

I am with you totally. As a long time die-hard passionate fan, Jerry is now pushing me to a point I never dreamed could happen with my favorite Chicago team...which is to force me to stop watching them and just wait for the POS owner to move off this earth and wait for the new owner.

I'm tired of being a machoistic fan and watching the worse owner in sports, along with the worst GM continue to ruin this great franchise with ZERO accountability for ineptness and losing results.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

• bmags unpinned this topic