f*** This Organization

Paulie4Pres

This org is completely irredeemable. In every aspect. There's not a single reason to be a fan of this team. Not a single player to root for. There is absolutely nothing they do, that isn't bottom 5 in the MLB. Training and conditioning? Lmao. Medical staff? Lmao. Analytics? Rofl. Minor league system? ROFLGFY. The Cubs have FOUR TIMES the staff the White Sox have.

Worst owner in sports, fucking hands down, no question. [Removed], and spare all of us, that you've been DUPING for four decades.

f*** you. f*** you. f*** YOU.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 3
  • Fire 4
  • Hawk 1

Apparently, the White Sox are fully aware of what comes next. A friend of mine is still a season ticket holder, but not for long. He got an email recently about renewal. He usually doesn’t read them carefully, but he did this time. 

A couple of years ago the Sox gave this customers the option of spreading their bill over 10 payments. When it came up for renewal, you had to do it again. Now, no more, if you are on the payment program, you are automatically being hit with the first charge for next season in September unless you opt out. I’m sure there will be quite a few accounts that don’t realize this and wind up renewed for next year.  I was on the auto payment program last year, but to opt out, I just did nothing. This isn’t a practice limited to the White Sox. I understand that. But the timing of switching to this when the team goes to one of the worst in baseball is beyond curious. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

If yr a Bi Soxual and like both Sox and cubs, I cant blame anyone for swinging for their allegiance to the north siders. They are a upcoming team that is beyond popular. The Sox are 100% out of it, out of chances and becoming more and more irrelevant. In the late 80s we were like that and I see this current era repeating. 

So I dont hate on cub fans any more, I totally get it

At this rate we won't even get mentioned on the 10PM sports reports

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

What i love about this post is that it was at 1:30 in the morning. Ive been there after a few drinks myself. Ive been there sober too.

This is the darkest era of my White Sox fandom. I was born in the Chicago suburbs. My dad was a Yankees fan but I wanted to cheer for a team that was local. I watched both the Cubs and Sox growing up and loved both of them. I regret not ultimately picking the Cubs. 

I dont see us crawling out of this rut the FO and Jerry put us in. It will take YEARS for me to find my passion in cheering for baseball again. I will drink the best champagne when JR finally croaks.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

15 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

What i love about this post is that it was at 1:30 in the morning. Ive been there after a few drinks myself. Ive been there sober too.

This is the darkest era of my White Sox fandom. I was born in the Chicago suburbs. My dad was a Yankees fan but I wanted to cheer for a team that was local. I watched both the Cubs and Sox growing up and loved both of them. I regret not ultimately picking the Cubs. 

I dont see us crawling out of this rut the FO and Jerry put us in. It will take YEARS for me to find my passion in cheering for baseball again. I will drink the best champagne when JR finally croaks.

I also watched both White Sox & Cubs . my dad died when I was 10, and both the Sox & Cubs were on WGN, so I watched both . my dad hated the Cubs, but didn't pass that on to me . I have never wished that I was a Cubs fan, but have always like Wrigley Field, because of fond memories of Bears games with my dad there . I could never become a Cubs fan, just not interested . I have started watching other games though . mostly the Marlins, but they have their own problems . I watched the Orioles last night, and man there is some energy there . might be fun to watch them the rest of the way . at times it really sucks being a White Sox fan, but i've been one since I was very little, and I can't change now.

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

Got a chance to see the JR segment when he said a third place or even fourth place finish can be a good season. What was worse was when he was talking about baseball economics. He spoke about having to please his shareholders which I think we all understand. However, from his tone, I got the impression that he thought it was almost impossible to have a winning team for a sustained period. There was an almost a resignation to it. Didn't exactly give me hope for the future, long or short-term.

• Fire 2

5 minutes ago, Highland said:

Got a chance to see the JR segment when he said a third place or even fourth place finish can be a good season. What was worse was when he was talking about baseball economics. He spoke about having to please his shareholders which I think we all understand. However, from his tone, I got the impression that he thought it was almost impossible to have a winning team for a sustained period. There was an almost a resignation to it. Didn't exactly give me hope for the future, long or short-term.

And the saddest note is this is the AL Central we can't even compete in...where teams like CLE are making moves that weaken them this year even though a playoff 3rd seed is well within reach and the Twins might end up mired in mediocrity three consecutive years despite shelling out for Buxton and Correa.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Apparently, the White Sox are fully aware of what comes next. A friend of mine is still a season ticket holder, but not for long. He got an email recently about renewal. He usually doesn’t read them carefully, but he did this time. 

A couple of years ago the Sox gave this customers the option of spreading their bill over 10 payments. When it came up for renewal, you had to do it again. Now, no more, if you are on the payment program, you are automatically being hit with the first charge for next season in September unless you opt out. I’m sure there will be quite a few accounts that don’t realize this and wind up renewed for next year.  I was on the auto payment program last year, but to opt out, I just did nothing. This isn’t a practice limited to the White Sox. I understand that. But the timing of switching to this when the team goes to one of the worst in baseball is beyond curious. 

Rick Hahn is incompetent, but Brooks Boyer has been exposed as dishonest and vile the past few seasons by Hawk, Jason and others.

Thanks for posting this, hopefully you will save others from losing a deposit or worse.

Do you just forfeit deposits (auto plus prior credits) if you cancel after September, or are you legally obligated to make the remaining payments?

12 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

This org is completely irredeemable. In every aspect. There's not a single reason to be a fan of this team. Not a single player to root for. There is absolutely nothing they do, that isn't bottom 5 in the MLB. Training and conditioning? Lmao. Medical staff? Lmao. Analytics? Rofl. Minor league system? ROFLGFY. The Cubs have FOUR TIMES the staff the White Sox have.

Worst owner in sports, fucking hands down, no question. Just fucking die already JR, and spare all of us, that you've been DUPING for four decades.

f*** you. f*** you. f*** YOU.

Well said and 100 percent accurate. The Cubs have a better team, higher ranked farm system and more people in key roles, like scouting, player development and analytics. It's simply because their owner Ricketts, actually cares and is engaged with his team. Ricketts actually cares about the fans. 

Two things about Ricketts that is the polar opposite of Reinsdorf.

1. A good friend of mine works for a company and his company is a big customer to this other company that rents a Cubs luxury suite to invite their best customers. My friend has been to a couple of Cubs games in the past in this private suite. The thing that impressed me most, is evidently Ricketts goes to each luxury suite and mingles with the fans. I'm sure he isn't the only owner in sports to do this, but I am quite sure Jerry would never dream of doing that.

2. When has Jerry ever written a personal letter/email to his long time loyal season tickets holders apologizing for the team's horrible play and results? When has he last sent a letter to his fans and season tickets holders making a commitment to getting better? I know for a fact, this past season Ricketts sent a personal letter to each season ticket holder telling him how he apologized for the recent decline of the Cubs and made bold commitments to making this team better and getting back to the playoff contention window. 

This will never make me a Cubs fan, but it just shows you on another level, how clueless and disengaged Reinsdorf is.

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, White Sox Park said:

I also watched both White Sox & Cubs . my dad died when I was 10, and both the Sox & Cubs were on WGN, so I watched both . my dad hated the Cubs, but didn't pass that on to me . I have never wished that I was a Cubs fan, but have always like Wrigley Field, because of fond memories of Bears games with my dad there . I could never become a Cubs fan, just not interested . I have started watching other games though . mostly the Marlins, but they have their own problems . I watched the Orioles last night, and man there is some energy there . might be fun to watch them the rest of the way . at times it really sucks being a White Sox fan, but i've been one since I was very little, and I can't change now.

I grew up hating the Cubs and it continues to this day but probably not a much as one time probably because living in Florida I don’t have to deal with their fans anymore, I have one buddy in my golf group who’s a Cub fan but he’s not at all obnoxious, it’s the Red Sox fans that are the ones that are obnoxious, one of them in my golf group is unbelievable, he thinks the world ends at the Massachusetts border. He was really annoying this past Hockey season when the Bruins were unbeatable, I was never so happy when they lost to the Panthers in the first of the playoffs, I’m still giving him grief about it.

As far as the Sox go, there’s not much more to say than what has already been said, this season has really been depressing and with the clowns in charge I have no idea and how long it’s going to take to get the franchise back to respectability.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, The Grinder said:

If yr a Bi Soxual and like both Sox and cubs, I cant blame anyone for swinging for their allegiance to the north siders. They are a upcoming team that is beyond popular. The Sox are 100% out of it, out of chances and becoming more and more irrelevant. In the late 80s we were like that and I see this current era repeating. 

So I dont hate on cub fans any more, I totally get it

At this rate we won't even get mentioned on the 10PM sports reports

Maybe the older Sox fans can confirm this for me, but I believe hearing stories in the early to mid 60's, there were many Chicago baseball fans who were both Sox and Cubs fans. Yes maybe they had a love for one team or the other team, but they followed both teams. I believe this was a result of when both teams were on WGN TV and radio and Jack Brickhouse did the play by play for both the Sox and Cubs. I'm not saying this was a common practice for the majority of Chicago baseball fans, but many did like and follow both teams.

Maybe there is more room for Sox fans to not drop the Sox, but just add another team. It's really no different than when some of the Sox fans here who moved to Florida adopted the Rays or Marlins. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Maybe the older Sox fans can confirm this for me, but I believe hearing stories about, in the early to mid 60's, there were many Chicago baseball fans who were both Sox and Cubs fans. Yes maybe they had a love for one team or the other team, but they followed both teams. I believe this was a result of when both teams were on WGN TV and radio and Jack Brickhouse did the play by play for both the Sox and Cubs. I'm not saying this was a common practice for the majority of Chicago baseball fans, but many did like and follow both teams.

Maybe there is more room for Sox fans to not drop the Sox, but just add another team. It's really no different than when some of the Sox fans here who moved to Florida adopted the Rays or Marlins. 

I go back to the early 50s and I have no memory of there being fans of both teams. I remember it being more divided than it is nowadays, we always said if someone stated he was for both teams it was because he was not a native Chicagoan. Growing up in Rogers Park on the far north side my closest circle of friends were about 80% Sox fans and 20% Cub fans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, White Sox Park said:

Wrigley was a great place to watch Bears football, with those temporary stands in right field you were very close to the action, the end zones were only 8 yards, saw  quite a few games there in the late 50s and early 60s and sold peanuts when I was a vendor at both Comiskey and Wrigley in 1962.

• Love 2

Hear hear. I have an 18 month old son who will now probably be a Cub fan (wife is a cub fan) because of the absolute fucking imbeciles that run the Sox. The biggest fucking imbecile of them all is Jerry Reinsdorf, and he is the reason that all of this is happening. All of this is on his terms. I'm not setting foot in the park until he's dead- but he'll probably live until he's 125, because all of the worst ones do. I'd hope they still have the great polish w/ grilled onion in 35 years, but that probably won't be a problem because he'll probably move the team to Nashville once someone doesn't blow his dick again with a new stadium deal that fucks the people that he's been fucking since he's owned the team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

6 hours ago, Highland said:

Of course it doesn't give you or any of the die-hard Sox fans any hope as long as this POS loser is around owning the Sox.

Yes maybe he is right that for a stupid owner with a dysfunctional front office, it is probably hard to sustain success. 

Reinsdorf is delusional and detached from reality of good baseball teams that are actually run by smart owners with smart front offices. Maybe someone could educate Jerry to examine the successes of three baseball teams with good owners and front offices over the last 16 years. This will clearly document how stupid Jerry's comment is about how impossible it is, to have a winning team for a sustained period of time:

Let's use the Last 16 years in MLB. That seems to be a solid sustainable time period

New York Yankees 
16 straight years over 500
11 of 16 years in the playoffs 
1 World Series championship

Los Angeles Dodgers
13 straight years over 500 
15 of 16 years in the playoffs

Tampa Bay Rays
Last 6 years over 500
12 of 16 years over 500
12 of 16 years in the playoffs
2 World Series appearances

Yeah Jerry, now I see why you go to these owner meetings and think how much smarter you are than these other the owners. 

• Fire 1

55 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Of course it doesn't give you or any of the die-hard Sox fans any hope as long as this POS loser is around owning the Sox.

Yes maybe he is right that for a stupid owner with a dysfunctional front office, it is probably is hard to sustain success. 

Reinsdorf is delusional and detached from reality of good baseball teams that are actually run by smart owners with smart front offices. Maybe someone could educate Jerry to examine the successes of three baseball teams with good owners and front offices over the last 16 years. This will clearly document how stupid Jerry's comment is about how impossible it is, to have a winning team for a sustained period of time:

Let's use the Last 16 years in MLB. That seems to be a solid sustainable time period

New York Yankees 
16 straight years over 500
11 of 16 years in the playoffs 

Los Angeles Dodgers
13 straight years over 500 
15 of 16 years in the playoffs

Tampa Bay Rays
Last 6 years over 500
12 of 16 years over 500
12 of 16 years in the playoffs
2 World Series appearances

Yeah Jerry, now I see why you go to these owner meetings and think how much smarter you are than these other the owners. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CLE/index.shtml
Even the Guardians/Indians haven’t been more than 7 games under .500 since 2012…thats pretty remarkable for their budgets relative to the Yankees and Dodgers.

Brewers pretty similar run…except for getting too cute with Hader trade last year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Maybe the older Sox fans can confirm this for me, but I believe hearing stories in the early to mid 60's, there were many Chicago baseball fans who were both Sox and Cubs fans. Yes maybe they had a love for one team or the other team, but they followed both teams. I believe this was a result of when both teams were on WGN TV and radio and Jack Brickhouse did the play by play for both the Sox and Cubs. I'm not saying this was a common practice for the majority of Chicago baseball fans, but many did like and follow both teams.

I watched many Cubs games on WGN back in the Brickhouse days and always pulled against the other team. 

When it comes to Baseball, I’m for 2 clubs, the Go Go White Sox and whoever is playing the Cubs

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I watched many Cubs games on WGN back in the Brickhouse days and always pulled against the other team. 

When it comes to Baseball, I’m for 2 clubs, the Go Go White Sox and whoever is playing the Cubs

I think many of us root the same way, especially since I found out it would really piss off Reinsdorf if the Cubs made the playoffs and had a deep run. 

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CLE/index.shtml
Even the Guardians/Indians haven’t been more than 7 games under .500 since 2012…thats pretty remarkable for their budgets relative to the Yankees and Dodgers.

Brewers pretty similar run…except for getting too cute with Hader trade last year.

You right there were others, but I didn't have the time to look up and post more. However you are right, its even more impressive when teams like the Guardians and Rays do it with such small payrolls. 

Then again I know many people think it's so easy to win when you spend money like the Yankees and Dodgers, but we've seen with the Padres and Mets, it doesn't always work. At least with the Yankees and Dodgers, they not only spend the money, but they also have a tremendous farm system every year because they put money into having the best scouts, player development coaches and analytic people on staff. 

Btw, once Jerry is gone and a new rich billionaire owner or owner group comes in, there is no reason they can't spend money like the Yanks and Dodgers. We are in the third largest market. It's never been done because our owner refuses to spend that type of money. If for example, a Steve Cohen or the Steinbrenner brothers type of owner had the Sox, the money would be spent.

• Like 1