Sox, Yanks, no Peacocks. 7:10 PM

oldsox

9 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The FO is really doing him and the team a disservice at this point by not shutting him down and focusing on 2024. Would help on a lot of fronts.

I totally thought you meant that Rick Hahn was going to try to shut down Jay Cuda.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

He may have had a point with earlier calls but that one was in the zone. As a former umpire I’m glad that Diaz gave Boone s%*# back. That’s how I handled it when it came to arguments, especially when there was personal attacks. To your point, you can’t argue balls and strikes.

no offense because ive dealt with some good umpires 

but laz diaz sucks

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

How is he not ejected yet? You can't argue balls and strikes.

i love boone... he was wrong on that particular pitch but diaz has always had no clue about the strike zone.

but he stands up for his players.... something i havent seen around here forever.

• Fire 1

This is from Eric Cross, formerly of Fantrax:

“After the first game of a doubleheader on May 3rd, Greene was slashing .232/.292/.324 with a 31.7% strikeout rate and only four extra-base hits in 120 plate appearances. But since then, Greene has slashed .367/.433/.565 with 12 doubles, five home runs, and four steals in 164 plate appearances while dropping his strikeout rate to a more manageable 26.2%. For the season, Greene has improved his Quality of Contact metrics across the board and currently sits with a 10.2% barrel rate, 94.8 mph AVG EV, and 48.6% hard-hit rate. He also has a 78th percentile sprint speed and 90th percentile xBA.”