Morrissey on JR...

Lip Man 1

"If there’s one thing we know about Reinsdorf, it’s not just that he sticks to his guns. It’s that he thinks he invented guns. His way, then, is always the right way."

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/8/9/23826210/on-white-sox-jerry-reinsdorf-when-an-owner-doesnt-want-to-own-up-to-anything-rick-hahn-tim-anderson

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Fire 3

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

"If there’s one thing we know about Reinsdorf, it’s not just that he sticks to his guns. It’s that he thinks he invented guns. His way, then, is always the right way."

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/8/9/23826210/on-white-sox-jerry-reinsdorf-when-an-owner-doesnt-want-to-own-up-to-anything-rick-hahn-tim-anderson

Love it, keep pouring it on. Probably doesn't move the needle a centimeter, but can't hurt

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I love the first paragraph. It’s hard to picture an owner wanting the unraveling of a professional sports franchise to be part of his permanent record. But what if an owner doesn’t see it as an unraveling but as a few loose strings being yanked by a hyperventilating media and a genetically cranky fan base? 

Actually it's not hard at all, once you know what a loser Jerry really is. This is the most arrogant, delusional and loser owner in sports. Jerry loves to walk around with his bravado and arrogance, but deep inside, he is one spineless weasel that is scared and intimidated to face the Sox fans, knowing they will embarrass him with hard questions he won't be able to answer without some BS rationalizations and nonsense from him, which would shame his huge ego.

I've had to deal with this losing for too many years as a Sox fan, so as much as I hate to wish more bad things on this team...but as long as Jerry is the owner, I sincerely hope his team keeps losing and sets a new Sox record for losses, as well as less and less fans showing up to the home games. I only wish all loyal Sox fans still wasting their money going to the games, truly knew how little Jerry cares about them. Like Morrisey said, he probably sees them as genetically cranky fans. 

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

None. Case in point, Bulls have barely sniffed success since he left.

Well you can argue if a certain Memphis point guard didn’t fall apart physically they might have had a shot.

Along with Jay Williams and then Lonzo Ball.   Of course, lots of terrible draft picks just like the Sox and a complete inability to draw in a superstar in his prime years.  That sounds familiar, too.

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well you can argue if a certain Memphis point guard didn’t fall apart physically they might have had a shot.

Along with Jay Williams and then Lonzo Ball.   Of course, lots of terrible draft picks just like the Sox and a complete inability to draw in a superstar in his prime years.  That sounds familiar, too.

Just another example of the classic JR completely lucking into a great player only for his "just good enough" mentality to take over. Everything this guy is involved in is a giant Fugazi or smoke and mirrors show.

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I love the first paragraph. It’s hard to picture an owner wanting the unraveling of a professional sports franchise to be part of his permanent record. But what if an owner doesn’t see it as an unraveling but as a few loose strings being yanked by a hyperventilating media and a genetically cranky fan base? 

Actually it's not hard at all, once you know what a loser Jerry really is. This is the most arrogant, delusional and loser owner in sports. Jerry loves to walk around with his bravado and arrogance, but deep inside, he is one spineless weasel that is scared and intimidated to face the Sox fans, knowing they will embarrass him with hard questions he won't be able to answer without some BS rationalizations and nonsense from him, which would shame his huge ego.

I've had to deal with this losing for too many years as a Sox fan, so as much as I hate to wish more bad things on this team...but as long as Jerry is the owner, I sincerely hope his team keeps losing and sets a new Sox record for losses, as well as less and less fans showing up to the home games. I only wish all loyal Sox fans still wasting their money going to the games, truly knew how little Jerry cares about them. Like Morrisey said, he probably sees them as genetically cranky fans. 

Ed Herrmann told me the story at being at Sox Fantasy Camp in 2004. JR was there have a discussion with the campers. Let's just say those campers were so angry at him that things started to get heated and physical. Ed said Bill Melton had to get between them and cool things down. 

• Fire 3

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Ed Herrmann told me the story at being at Sox Fantasy Camp in 2004. JR was there have a discussion with the campers. Let's just say those campers were so angry at him that things started to get heated and physical. Ed said Bill Melton had to get between them and cool things down. 

What is Sox Fantasy Camp exactly?

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

What is Sox Fantasy Camp exactly?

i don't think they have them any more but it used to be when guys would pay a decent amount of money to play against some ex big league Sox players. It lasted about a week or so and they'd all be in a hotel and have other perks besides playing the games.

12 hours ago, baseballgalaly said:

I wonder how many championships Jerry wins if he didn't inherit Michael Jordan. 

The same number of NBA Championships he's won since MJ left.

As much as I revere MJ as an athlete, he is principally responsible for Dorf remaining an irritating part of the Chicago sports scene.

The Bulls not the Sox made Dorf a paper billionaire. Notice he's taking a clue from Ricketts and buying up property around the West Side's Sistine Chapel.

Dorf's creating the kind of entertainment complex he could have had in the South Loop with a slick, modern retro style urban ballpark.

CWS is just a tax shelter for  Dorf and rich pals.

MLB needs to intervene but they won't. 

Edited by GradMc

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

No you can’t make any of these arguments because this is what happened 

• Like 1