Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

18 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I agree. That doesn’t change my point at all, they do everything right and they will see results in ticket sales in 2026. There is no celebrity manager they can bring in who will magically make people come see a 90 plus loss team next year.

If fans didn't show up to watch a Hall of Fame manager. 

I don't even think they have to do everything right. Just not making things worse will get back some fans. Doing some things right will get a lot more. Everything right would be a twice in a lifetime occurrence. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

If fans didn't show up to watch a Hall of Fame manager. 

I don't even think they have to do everything right. Just not making things worse will get back some fans. Doing some things right will get a lot more. Everything right would be a twice in a lifetime occurrence. 

A Hall of Fame manager at least somewhat close to his prime...

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Pedro is such a fucking tool.  If they keep this guy another season, then we deserve to lose 100 games next year as well.  He is simply not a leader of men and the players do not take him seriously in the clubhouse.

I’m sure the players appreciate how he defends the undefendable all the time though and holds no one accountable 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

You do go to watch a well coached or well managed team.

Good point. Would you agree though that its only if the players have some talent. We could take a bunch of A level guys, put them in Sox uniforms, and even with amazing coaching and being well managed, they will lose 100 games. I don't think Sox fans will come out for that. 

A poor manager with any sort of talented players will drive away fans in frustration with bad decisions. A well coached team with average to above average talent would put fans in the seats. 

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

You do go to watch a well coached or well managed team.

The closest I can think of recently would be all the hype over Joe Maddon in 2015-2016...when he was outselling Jose Abreu jerseys in the Quad Cities and tied into a bevy of promotions like Binny's Beverage Depot and MANY more.

16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The closest I can think of recently would be all the hype over Joe Maddon in 2015-2016...when he was outselling Jose Abreu jerseys in the Quad Cities and tied into a bevy of promotions like Binny's Beverage Depot and MANY more.

You have an example for every random statement. Seriously, I’m impressed.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Nothing this guy says has any meaning.  All he says is what he thinks his bosses want to hear.  I’ve worked with so many guys like this chump and I can’t wait to never see that smug face again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milkman delivers said:

You have an example for every random statement. Seriously, I’m impressed.

Try talking to teenagers these days in a high school classroom...even in China.

They only want to talk about sleeping and e-sports/social media, lol.  So it's always a challenge just to find common topics when you're that 53 year old white guy who represents the patriarchy, therefore, you need to adjust/adapt, lol.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nothing this guy says has any meaning.  All he says is what he thinks his bosses want to hear.  I’ve worked with so many guys like this chump and I can’t wait to never see that smug face again.

Has he realistically thought about the 2024 starting rotation and bullpen?????

Heck, if you go back to the 2014-15 Royals, they had their most important leader at the catcher's spot in Salvador Perez.  That's arguably the weakest spot on the Sox roster until Quero debuts.

Edited by caulfield12

Seriously, seeing those quote in print, knowing the Sox are 50-77, is pretty unreal.

“We’re going to develop a system, a philosophy, a way that we want to do things, and the vetting process is going to be who can fit into this system and lead within our system,” he said. “It’s not to bring their own system in or bring their own leadership in. We develop the system. We develop the philosophy. And then we vet guys to come in, not only to be good players, but we vet guys to come in, to fit into the system and the philosophies that we want moving forward off the field, in the clubhouse and on the field.”

22 minutes ago, Tony said:

Seriously, seeing those quote in print, knowing the Sox are 50-77, is pretty unreal.

“We’re going to develop a system, a philosophy, a way that we want to do things, and the vetting process is going to be who can fit into this system and lead within our system,” he said. “It’s not to bring their own system in or bring their own leadership in. We develop the system. We develop the philosophy. And then we vet guys to come in, not only to be good players, but we vet guys to come in, to fit into the system and the philosophies that we want moving forward off the field, in the clubhouse and on the field.”

That system/philosophy is on target for their 8th losing season in the past 11 years and their 11th losing season in the past 17 years. That's some system/philosophy isn't it???????????????????? 😆

13 hours ago, Tony said:

Not sure if that was the tweet but it is was similar that had a response that those three guys that are proving it's not a rebuild are a combined negative or barely positive.

I hope Grifol is just a yes man and is not that big of an idiot. 

13 hours ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Not a rebuild 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On a side note has anyone else had issues with the tweets showing up In the message lately without having to just post the link?

He’s another coward like the rest of them. “Jerry wants to win.” How!? How in the world are they going to create a contender entering next season? Even considering the weakness of the division, I’d say it’s near impossible. 

re: links from the artist formerly known as Twitter; it's probably because various discussion boards don't recognize that new URL yet as something that should embed. I suspect that if you use "twitter.com" in the URL in place of "x.com" it will embed fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Quin said:

He's playing three rookies today. Maybe Getz sent a memo?

I realize this was an issue early in the year and it's only been a few days for Sosa and Lee, but the two plus Colas have played regularly since their recent call ups, and I don't expect it to change baring an injury.

Also believe the previous and current FO discuss the lineups and agree on playing time.

3 hours ago, Hamhock said:

re: links from the artist formerly known as Twitter; it's probably because various discussion boards don't recognize that new URL yet as something that should embed. I suspect that if you use "twitter.com" in the URL in place of "x.com" it will embed fine.

Use Twitter.com as the URL and cut off the utm code (the ? and everything after). 

Sometimes it still embeds with the utm code, but it's hit or miss.