Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

2 hours ago, flavum said:

Tonight or tomorrow morning would be perfect to dump this guy. While the sports world is talking about the Bears draft, Pedro can exit stage left, and never be heard from again. 

When they lose this Twins game, they need to make an announcement that his ass is mowed grass.

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Good, hope he never gets another job in baseball

He won’t.  That’s why they are going to have trouble replacing him.  I know there’s very few MLB manager positions available in the world but people are smart enough to realize this organization is complete career suicide at this point.  You’d have to throw a bag of cash at someone and we all know Jerry won’t do that.  People are saying Ozzie but I just don’t see him doing it.  Why would he?  Montoya won’t take it because he knows he’d essentially be putting in retirement players.  I’m just gonna say…we’ll get the press release that Tony’s health issues are no longer an issue and he’ll be the interim…

• Like 3
  • TLR 1

If I’m Pedro…honestly I ask for a 50% buyout to “resign” and hope that I can completely re-start my career starting with some bullshit MiLB position or something like fielding coordinator sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, scotty22hotty said:

it's time to flush Grifol...

Sox should hire Ozzie and treat it like a reality show to see if he can squeeze out 40 more wins from this team. At least it'll be entertaining to watch

Go full Savannah Bananas at this point.

• Fire 1

The Sox are bad.  On paper, they are a bad team but not this bad.  At this point, a change is needed.  I can't imagine any other team sticking with the manager after this type of start.

One of my biggest concerns is Grifol being the manager when some of the prospects come up.  He can't, just can't, be involved with the talent coming up.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

The Sox are bad.  On paper, they are a bad team but not this bad.  At this point, a change is needed.  I can't imagine any other team sticking with the manager after this type of start.

One of my biggest concerns is Grifol being the manager when some of the prospects come up.  He can't, just can't, be involved with the talent coming up.

He took a team that was probably a 75 win team talent wise last year and led them to a 100 loss season. This year it's a 60 win team and he's leading them towards a 40 win season. At this point it's pretty clear that he's a big reason for why this team sucks so historically bad.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He took a team that was probably a 75 win team talent wise last year and led them to a 100 loss season. This year it's a 60 win team and he's leading them towards a 40 win season. At this point it's pretty clear that he's a big reason for why this team sucks so historically bad.

If he ever had the team, he's lost them.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Nothing about this roster is a 60 win team. That's such a massive stretch. The talent is horrendous. Grifol isn't costing them 20 wins, lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Nothing about this roster is a 60 win team. That's such a massive stretch. The talent is horrendous. Grifol isn't costing them 20 wins, lol. 

Fine 55 wins. Losing Robert and Moncada for half the season probably puts them down to 50. 40 wins is also looking like a pipe dream if they keep playing like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

When they lose this Twins game, they need to make an announcement that his ass is mowed grass.

They could just bump him off the flight home and let him finger it out. 

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The 2021 White Sox won 93 games with Robert missing 94 games, Eloy missing 107, and TA missing 39.

The Cubs have the worst injury issues in baseball, and they’re about to be 13 games up on the Sox

• Haha 1