Jeff Loria goes after Mark Buehrle, Jeter, others

caulfield12

55 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

This is so wrong in so many ways but I’m not gonna argue with you about it.  Have a good one

I don't want to argue about dogs either on a baseball forum but there's very good reason municipalities make these laws. you don't hear about poodles or shih tzus doing this stuff because they weren't bred to be pea-brained killing machines like pits. at least dobermans and rottweilers have some brainpower.  they are also a complete drain on animal shelters who could be providing care for dogs that should actually be around children...like a lab, an actual family dog.  

Edited by nrockway
  • Like 1

Just now, nrockway said:

I don't want to argue about dogs either on a baseball forum but there's very good reason municipalities make these laws. you don't hear about poodles or shih tzus doing this stuff because they weren't bred to be pea-brained killing machines like pits. at least dobermans and rottweilers have some brainpower. 

So is the lack of brainpower a genetic thing in your family or is it just you?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I don't want to argue about dogs either on a baseball forum but there's very good reason municipalities make these laws. you don't hear about poodles or shih tzus doing this stuff because they weren't bred to be pea-brained killing machines like pits. at least dobermans and rottweilers have some brainpower. 

From someone who works with and fosters many animals including pits, you really don’t know what you are talking about.  The people are the problem,  not the animals.  Again, I have wasted way too many sentences with you, so have a good one 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I don't want to argue about dogs either on a baseball forum but there's very good reason municipalities make these laws. you don't hear about poodles or shih tzus doing this stuff because they weren't bred to be pea-brained killing machines like pits. at least dobermans and rottweilers have some brainpower.  they are also a complete drain on animal shelters who could be providing care for dogs that should actually be around children...like a lab, an actual family dog.  

It is a gross mistaken over-reaction. Pitties are sweethearts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

2 hours ago, PorkChopExpress said:

JR's problem is that even though it was roughly $8M per WAR at that time, he didn't think it should be, and was/is upset with other owners for setting the market.  He lives in his own reality where the market is what he says it is.

I don't doubt that they have their own internal valuation framework. It seems to favor relievers and marginal utility players, though, so it sucks.

24 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Is a grown man really admitting he received texts that hurt his feelings?  Seriously I am astonished anyone would care about this.  Even funnier to me is that he runs to Bud Selig and reports the texts lol.

Our billionaires are not especially high quality individuals in this country.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This doesn't change anyway I see Mark Buehrle. Still a Sox legend.

It enhances his status.

As much as I like Jerry, I like Loria even more. Hands down the worst MLB owner in my lifetime, and I do remember the Marge Schott era.

Kudos to Joe Girardi for telling Loria to “Sit down and shut the hell up.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nrockway said:

What a load of s%*#. Lol. Please don't speak about things you have no clue about.

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

25 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It enhances his status.

As much as I like Jerry, I like Loria even more. Hands down the worst MLB owner in my lifetime, and I do remember the Marge Schott era.

Kudos to Joe Girardi for telling Loria to “Sit down and shut the hell up.”

Lol I had no idea you like the both of them this much!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

What a load of s%*#. Lol. Please don't speak about things you have no clue about.

I "do" have a clue about it (what do you know about me) and I can objectively prove it too but I'm done with this s%*#, I like this forum and I'm not going to get banned because of my opinion about dogs.

• Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

18 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

True, until they rip your face off for no reason at all. Or maybe they won’t, good for you. 

There is never “no reason”.  It’s abuse.  Maybe that’s a good enough reason for you 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

There is never “no reason”.  It’s abuse.  Maybe that’s a good enough reason for you 

Wish this was true but unprovoked attacks occur. Nature of the beast. Centuries of breeding. Get a Rottie. All they’ll do is lick you into a happy submission. 

Edited by Stinky Stanky
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Wish this was true but unprovoked attacks occur. Nature of the beast. Centuries of breeding. 

Unprovoked attacks from all breeds occur.  That’s dogs.  Pits are some of the most widely abused breeds, and as such many abused dogs are dumped onto the streets and shelters and make people like you think that every one of them is the same.  It’s a sad and misinformed way to think about it, but it’s easy for people to just imagine them all as killers instead of understanding and trying to help.  But anyways, more wasted time on narrow minded people.  Go Sox