Update: 3 (2) fans injured by bullet in Guaranteed Rate field (split from game thread, police investigation underway)

Chicago White Sox

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That police scanner snippet makes it sound like the shooting was in the park, which way more insane than the parking lot which is what I told.  If so, that’s going to be a massive blow to the franchise.

One of the weirdest, most embarrassing weeks in franchise history

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

FWIW, a couple people in the comments of that tweet saying they were at the game and that didn't happen.

I was told this by a person who was also at the game (as they were concerned since I was with my kids), but I’ll admit the pictures don’t support a shooting in inside the park.  I was originally told parking lot.  Maybe there was a fight that carried over?  The pictures show something happened, but can’t imagine that people would be this calm if it was an actual shooting.

• Balta1701 changed the title to Reported shooting inside Guaranteed Rate field (split from game thread, unconfirmed)
5 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

FWIW, a couple people in the comments of that tweet saying they were at the game and that didn't happen.

I turned on WGN news as soon as I saw this and there was no mention of this. That combined with the lack of cell phone video that generally accompanies such incidents leads me to believe this didn't happen.

• Texsox changed the title to Update: 3 (2) fans injured by bullet in Guaranteed Rate field (split from game thread, police investigation underway)
  • Kyyle23 locked this topic
  • Kyyle23 unlocked this topic