8/27 Games

Timmy U

9 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Patino 4IP 3H 1R 1ER 2bb 4K.  Not terrible with the walks. If he can throw more strikes, maybe you get a second Touki Toussaint?

I'm hoping a new pitching coach can do something with guys like Touki, Patino and Honeywell.

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm hoping a new pitching coach can do something with guys like Touki, Patino and Honeywell.

It's a tough situation to say, "we're gonna fix a guy that the Rays couldn't fix." You can say that about two of those guys, and the third was with Cleveland.

4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

It's a tough situation to say, "we're gonna fix a guy that the Rays couldn't fix." You can say that about two of those guys, and the third was with Cleveland.

That means it's time to hire someone from the Dodgers.

• Like 2

I’m excited by his year, but he needs to cut down on his strikeouts.

His year in bham is a little SSS, some weird stuff.

Next year, if he can increase BBS and cut down Ks, even marginally, that will be the indicator.

That said he hasn’t seen increase in k% as he’s been promoted. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

I want to see Elko challenge Vaughn, but Elko's got a really high BABIP and strikes out 10% more.

I think Yoan has scarred me for life on high BABIP, high strikeout guys.

This. Cut down on the K's and challenge him. In no world should a short, below-average defensive, sub-.750 OPS be etched in stone as the future 1B.

12 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

You should be. Dude turns 25 in October and can't get anyone out in AA. He's looking more and more like a broken prospect with every passing day. 

1st year back after TJ surgery . Career high in innings pitched this year. Only his 2nd professional season. New organization. Could be hitting a wall but he has only pitched 52 innings  this year. 2nd year after TJ surgery is usually more indicative.

Sucks that he's been so bad and I hope nothing is physically wrong, He's never gone beyond 5.2 IP and that was in his last start before the trade. We'll get a clearer picture next year.

For all those pleased with the trade maybe they should have looked at his innings pitched totals in college and the one year in AA. He seemed a couple years away from being able to pitch 150 innings. If he can't go 100 IP next year as a starting pitcher with decent numbers you may be looking at a relief pitcher.

• Like 1