Sox place Clevinger on waivers

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I hope there's a team desperate enough to bring in this scumbag. Maybe the Reds, D'Backs or Giants.  I'm not sure anyone else would want to risk upsetting the clubhouse for this turd bucket.

Giants said absolutely no at deadline to anyone with DV allegations in the past 

Too bad Texas doesn't need a pitcher, probably wouldn't mind his baggage since they already traded for Chapman.

Reds and Orioles could use a starter, probably too cheap to claim for $1.3M plus risking the $4M option.

I do think a team may sign him in 2024 since he pitched well and there were no reported incidents this season.

Maybe Kenny's buddy in Miami takes a chance, though they need to jump 3 teams at 2 1/2 games out.

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Just imagining someone in the GM office pushing buttons on a screen not knowing what it will do

Interesting point, who initiated it, who needed to approve it, anyone going to own it? 

Could be check the wind and give your hand picked candidate a boost. 

16 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Too bad Texas doesn't need a pitcher, probably wouldn't mind his baggage since they already traded for Chapman.

Reds and Orioles could use a starter, probably too cheap to claim for $1.3M plus risking the $4M option.

I do think a team may sign him in 2024 since he pitched well and there were no reported incidents this season.

Maybe Kenny's buddy in Miami takes a chance, though they need to jump 3 teams at 2 1/2 games out.

Texas needs bullpen help bad. ReyLo would be a nice pick up.

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Speaking of scum, the Yankees released Donaldson.

https://www.mlb.com/news/josh-donaldson-released-by-yankees

I’ve seen this mentioned many times on this site. A Google search comes up with an incident involving Anderson. Is it all about Donaldson mockingly calling Anderson “Jackie” after Anderson already expressed his desire to be the next Jackie Robinson?

3 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I’ve seen this mentioned many times on this site. A Google search comes up with an incident involving Anderson. Is it all about Donaldson mockingly calling Anderson “Jackie” after Anderson already expressed his desire to be the next Jackie Robinson?

https://calltothepen.com/2022/09/05/new-york-yankees-universally-reviled-josh-donaldson/

Liam Hendriks likes just about everyone, except for his former teammate Josh Donaldson:

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/mlb/chicago-white-sox/liam-hendriks-not-a-fan-of-ex-teammate-josh-donaldson/176661/

Josh Donaldson’s latest run-in raises difficult questions about just what kind of teammate he is

https://nypost.com/2022/05/23/just-what-kind-of-teammate-is-josh-donaldson/

Donaldson gestured to his crotch and shouted, “F–k you, suck my c–k.”

“He said his profanities and made a classless gesture,” Butcher told reporters. “I guess that’s just part of what he is.”

In 2016, after CC Sabathia struck Donaldson out, he slammed his bat in frustration in the vicinity of his then-manager, John Gibbons. Gibbons approached him, probably to tell him that the bat could break and hurt himself or someone else, but Donaldson did not take the conversation well. The slugger and manager had to be separated.

• Thanks 1

A little surprised at this but the Sox want to continue to shed payroll (no big surprise) and I'm guessing they picked up hints that Clevinger had indicated he wanted to go to another team next year and wouldn't agree to his side of the option. 

Make that four starting pitchers the Sox who hope to compete (LOL) need to pick up next season. 

Edited by Lip Man 1