What's Left For Sox Fans?

nitetrain8601

1 minute ago, Vacheron said:

Then maybe the Rays will come here.

My only ask is if they move they leave the "WHITE SOX" name, logo, etc here. That name has history on both sides of town.

Florida is not a good state for major league baseball, only spring training.   

On 8/31/2023 at 6:58 PM, greg775 said:

Yes you can be a sustained loser for a long, long time. Year after year you can be buried by mid May. Hopefully Getz has a clue. He's in charge now and that's different than his role before. What is ridiculous is Jerry saying he didn't want to waste a year hiring somebody from another organization. That's about the dumbest statement ever. What??? This is not a one-year fix. Tony was a miracle worker getting the guys to play .500 ball all last year. Now this next rebuild could really be ugly. Not sure why anybody would go to a game next season but to each his/her own. like i said before, hunt for free tickets if you need to get to a game or two for the corned beef, pizza, brats, whatever. Yes GRate Field has marvelous food I'm told.

Why didn't Jerry beg Dombrowski to come back? He coulda retired after fixing the White Sox.

Those types of decision-makers want de facto control and huge budgets. They won't  get either from Dorf.

On 8/31/2023 at 2:17 PM, The Mighty Mite said:

I will remain a White Sox and all I can do is hope that Getz exceeds expectations, let’s face it, things can’t get much worse than what we have witnessed this year.

Yeah, people keep saying it could but it just really can't...

This was the peak year of a "contention" window when they were "All-in" and they are going to lose 100 games. They may lose 100 games again under Getz, but there will never be a more hyped failure than this team this year for me. I have watched plenty of bad baseball, that's what it is... I'll be back for that... but the expectations and kind of failure this year is unmatched in my lifetime.

23 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, people keep saying it could but it just really can't...

This was the peak year of a "contention" window when they were "All-in" and they are going to lose 100 games. They may lose 100 games again under Getz, but there will never be a more hyped failure than this team this year for me. I have watched plenty of bad baseball, that's what it is... I'll be back for that... but the expectations and kind of failure this year is unmatched in my lifetime.

Agreed. The most disappointing part was that the expectations were high and it seemed like a good team. The let down was tremendous.

The Logo and Hip Hop lol?

Playing for the White Sox has been “amazing,” according to Nishida. It was the team he wanted coming from Oregon but not necessarily for baseball reasons.

“I know the White Sox logo. That’s the thing for me,” said Nishida, who has five stolen bases, eight walks and six strikeouts over 14 Minor League games. “I like the cap. I know the hat. I have a couple of White Sox hats. So, that was good.”

On 8/31/2023 at 3:32 PM, reiks12 said:

If you are a season ticket holder, you don’t renew, and you shame anyone who does 

What? People are free to not renew, but why in the hell would you want them to shame anyone who does? It’s their damn choice how they spend their money and root for the team. 

Edited by NO!!MARY!!!
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

"Winning is fun...fun is winning." - Ozzie Guillen 

Ozzie is not the person who I would want to pattern my life after. Although he was fun to drink with at one time. 

Yoda on the other hand....

To each his own

Edited by ptatc
  • Haha 1

Sox issued 2024 Season Ticket Plan Invoices, both of our plans showed a 3% increase so it looks like Sox did a across the board flat increase of 3%

I have been a full season Ticket holder since 1991. We are cancelling one of the plans- we can't justify paying big $ for this product.

If we want to go to a game tickets are usually 50% of face in the secondary market EVEN WITH FEES.

STH Renewals will be very low based on my sample sample size discussions with other STHs, most are canceling their plans. The way the Getz / Pedro thing was handled as an ultimate FU

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, palehose1 said:

Sox issued 2024 Season Ticket Plan Invoices, both of our plans showed a 3% increase so it looks like Sox did a across the board flat increase of 3%

I have been a full season Ticket holder since 1991. We are cancelling one of the plans- we can't justify paying big $ for this product.

If we want to go to a game tickets are usually 50% of face in the secondary market EVEN WITH FEES.

STH Renewals will be very low based on my sample sample size discussions with other STHs, most are canceling their plans. The way the Getz / Pedro thing was handled as an ultimate FU

Make sure you let the Sox, or Brooks Boyer, know exactly WHY you are cancelling. 

3 hours ago, palehose1 said:

I would let Al speak for me.

98160837-c07a-4b7b-9041-019781611362_tex

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, palehose1 said:

Sox play too many unwatchable games for a sane person to buy season tickets. Hopefully most ticket holders will not buy 'em.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1