What's Left For Sox Fans?

nitetrain8601

17 hours ago, palehose1 said:

Sox issued 2024 Season Ticket Plan Invoices, both of our plans showed a 3% increase so it looks like Sox did a across the board flat increase of 3%

I have been a full season Ticket holder since 1991. We are cancelling one of the plans- we can't justify paying big $ for this product.

If we want to go to a game tickets are usually 50% of face in the secondary market EVEN WITH FEES.

STH Renewals will be very low based on my sample sample size discussions with other STHs, most are canceling their plans. The way the Getz / Pedro thing was handled as an ultimate FU

And if for some reason they are good, you can commit to a 2025 plan in September and get playoff tickets. Obviously, a miracle would have to occur for that. It is insane to me they are raising prices.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

And if for some reason they are good, you can commit to a 2025 plan in September and get playoff tickets. Obviously, a miracle would have to occur for that. It is insane to me they are raising prices.

The prior year was a double digit increase around 10% so in a way 3% was lower than I expected. But at this point the price increase is irrelevant. Maybe they could have bought some credibility / goodwill if they said they were freezing all ticket, concession and parking costs for 2024 but that would never happen with JR

Not sure if it's my health issues, or the fact that this organization is dead in the water and sinking by the bow, but for the first time in my life I really have no interest in watching the White Sox . I have them on like always, but mostly ignore it, while i'm paying attention to the Marlins broadcast, which I have much more interest in now . wondering if this is going to be it for me as a Sox fan, or if the interest will return . it's very weird and depressing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, White Sox Park said:

Not sure if it's my health issues, or the fact that this organization is dead in the water and sinking by the bow, but for the first time in my life I really have no interest in watching the White Sox . I have them on like always, but mostly ignore it, while i'm paying attention to the Marlins broadcast, which I have much more interest in now . wondering if this is going to be it for me as a Sox fan, or if the interest will return . it's very weird and depressing.

i had season tickets for 30 years or so. I've seen a lot of bad baseball. But I always stayed for the whole game, even when it was hopeless, even when James Shields gave up 7 runs in the first inning. But starting last year, there was just something different about this awfulness. i would leave games in the 5th inning. I didn't renew my tickets. That turned out to be a good move. It was even worse this year. I still want them to win, but knew this season was over in April. They don't want to throw us a bone, and commit to being good. JR said hiring Getz was for the fans. If the fans had a say, Chris Getz would not be working for the White Sox in any role. More of the same. I wish MLB owners would put some pressure on JR to sell. This is a huge market. He is turning a lot of people away from baseball.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sadly the Sox will become like the Detroit Lions were for me during the Millen to Patricia regimes, which was just something I followed mostly to laugh and shake my head. As a  huge Lions fan growing up the team just became so painfully awful year after year after year that there was absolutely no point in fandom. Once you get into your 30s your teams really do need to be good once and awhile. When you're younger hope can sustain your fandom but that runs out after awhile.

I'm not going to follow the Sox' offseason. I'm not going to bother with a spring training trip or buying tickets for when they come out here. I'll just follow them at arm's length like I did the Lions and if they ever get new management (like the Lions) that proves they know a little about winning I'll start following more closely again.

It's not being a bandwagon fan it's just realizing that rooting for a bottom 1/3 club for a decade isn't rewarding, and in some cases can actively impact your real life attitude -- that's when it gets too much. Getting angry or sad about these sad sack franchises just isn't it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sadly the Sox will become like the Detroit Lions were for me during the Millen to Patricia regimes, which was just something I followed mostly to laugh and shake my head. As a  huge Lions fan growing up the team just became so painfully awful year after year after year that there was absolutely no point in fandom. Once you get into your 30s your teams really do need to be good once and awhile. When you're younger hope can sustain your fandom but that runs out after awhile.

I'm not going to follow the Sox' offseason. I'm not going to bother with a spring training trip or buying tickets for when they come out here. I'll just follow them at arm's length like I did the Lions and if they ever get new management (like the Lions) that proves they know a little about winning I'll start following more closely again.

It's not being a bandwagon fan it's just realizing that rooting for a bottom 1/3 club for a decade isn't rewarding, and in some cases can actively impact your real life attitude -- that's when it gets too much. Getting angry or sad about these sad sack franchises just isn't it.

That's one of the benefits of watching Korean dramas ever since we were forced inside for months and months during Covid....even the first semester last school year.

You're only committed for 12-16 episodes...and you can always stop at any point and there's so much material and so many diverse genres that weekends which used to be dedicated to Sox baseball can be filled with something much less predictable and usually more enjoyable to boot.

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2023 at 1:01 PM, palehose1 said:

Sox issued 2024 Season Ticket Plan Invoices, both of our plans showed a 3% increase so it looks like Sox did a across the board flat increase of 3%

I have been a full season Ticket holder since 1991. We are cancelling one of the plans- we can't justify paying big $ for this product.

If we want to go to a game tickets are usually 50% of face in the secondary market EVEN WITH FEES.

STH Renewals will be very low based on my sample sample size discussions with other STHs, most are canceling their plans. The way the Getz / Pedro thing was handled as an ultimate FU

Garfien and McGuffey briefly mentioned this on their podcast today, said it wasn't a good look for the Sox. 

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Garfien and McGuffey briefly mentioned this on their podcast today, said it wasn't a good look for the Sox. 

Financially I think they’re in 90s Cubs mode. Anyone who cares one bit about the product on the field will be dumping their packages. The only people left are businesses, probably a few scalpers who have great spots, and people who do this every year and don’t want to stop. That group is probably pretty insensitive to price.

21 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Great post. If you are a sports fan this suckitude of this degree really can get to you. For instance in a long icy winter it's nice, awfully nice when spring training rolls around. Now there's absolutely no reason to want spring to arrive sports wise. There's absolutely no scenario that can fix this team quickly. It'll be 10 back in mid May again

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

I think White Sox fans have alot to look forward to in 2024. All Getz has to do is get  a good second baseman, catcher, 3 good starting pitchers and one good closer for the bullpen and the team will be fine.

Don't forget right field, possibly a shortstop if Anderson is traded, a back up catcher and a decent bench.  

On 9/7/2023 at 7:45 PM, caulfield12 said:

That's one of the benefits of watching Korean dramas ever since we were forced inside for months and months during Covid....even the first semester last school year.

You're only committed for 12-16 episodes...and you can always stop at any point and there's so much material and so many diverse genres that weekends which used to be dedicated to Sox baseball can be filled with something much less predictable and usually more enjoyable to boot.

Years ago my wife starting watching this Korean drama "Emperor Wang Guhn". I first said what the heck are you watching but very soon we would make sure to be home on Saturday nights to watch the next episode. It was outstanding tv.

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I think White Sox fans have alot to look forward to in 2024. All Getz has to do is get  a good second baseman, catcher, 3 good starting pitchers and one good closer for the bullpen and the team will be fine.

What's sad is this isn't even a everything the team needs, you're still missing items.