The press conference thread

bmags

"It became clear that Chris would be a major candidate as well as these outside candidates. Then I realized that if I brought someone in from the outside it’s going to take them a year. He’s going to have to evaluate everyone in the organization.”

Jesus Christ....  F*** off Jerry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

11 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

"It became clear that Chris would be a major candidate as well as these outside candidates. Then I realized that if I brought someone in from the outside it’s going to take them a year. He’s going to have to evaluate everyone in the organization.”

Jesus Christ....  F*** off Jerry

edit: nm, read the OP wrong.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Just now, fathom said:

This is more brutal than I ever expected

What's really sad is if you're going to bring on an internal person, they can at least speak to specifics. He's not doing any of that, it's all Hahn-speak. 

I don't understand how they don't "get this" 

A press conference by nature is for the press to have access to important people, and disseminate the message to the fan base. So you're talking to your customers here. Why do they believe these type of prepared answers are going to sell anyone on any of this? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jon Greenberg asked the  question- why do you deserve this after overseeing the farm- we all wanted and Getz gave some horseshit about the players still being good and being able to fill the gaps since he's familiar with them

Edited by soxfan49
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

Jerry confirms he "knew" everyone on his "outside" list, but it would take a year for them to "learn the organization" and Jerry doesn't want to waste a year, so he went with Chris. 

Got it. 

That just made me want to scream.  Holy s%*#.