GT: My Son’s First Game - Cease vs Gray on 9/17 at 1:10 pm

The Beast

I’m scouring StubHub for tickets and parking passes. Looking for five tickets for something like $6-$20 each and a parking pass for around $16.

Let’s see if good Cease shows up tomorrow and the Sox come alive so my son can experience a White Sox home run and winner. Let’s make it two in a row!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Hope you enjoy the game and they win for you and your family. They have a booth out on the centerfield concourse that has a certificate and perhaps other giveaways for fans attending their first White Sox game.

Should be decent seats at a good value available, especially with football on tomorrow during the game. I scored club seats for under $14 weekday. They closed the UD during the week, but I believe it's reopened for the weekend, so make sure to get lower deck seats so you can check out the whole park and not be isolated in the UD.

Cheers!

• Love 1

6 hours ago, The Beast said:

I’m scouring StubHub for tickets and parking passes. Looking for five tickets for something like $6-$20 each and a parking pass for around $16.

Let’s see if good Cease shows up tomorrow and the Sox come alive so my son can experience a White Sox home run and winner. Let’s make it two in a row!

As horrible as this team and season are, what keeps me coming back is the bond that I’ve forever formed with my dad over our shared love for and agony over the Sox.

It all started with me when I was about a month old at old Comiskey, and I hope this is the start of a wonderful series of memories for you guys as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Hawk 1

Bring us a winner, hope your son becomes a Sox fan for life. 
I took my son to many games in the 70s, 80s and a few in the 90s before we moved to Florida but he never cared like I did. 
My first game was July 15, 1955 with my Cub Scout Pack and we sat right behind Minnie Minoso in left field and saw the Sox beat the old Washington Senators 5-4.

• Love 1
  • Fire 2

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Hope you enjoy the game and they win for you and your family. They have a booth out on the centerfield concourse that has a certificate and perhaps other giveaways for fans attending their first White Sox game.

Should be decent seats at a good value available, especially with football on tomorrow during the game. I scored club seats for under $14 weekday. They closed the UD during the week, but I believe it's reopened for the weekend, so make sure to get lower deck seats so you can check out the whole park and not be isolated in the UD.

Cheers!

I will make sure we get a first game certificate, a picture with his grandparents, his mom and I and my dad, son and I together. I bought lower deck seats on the cheap side even though I would have bought club level seats for what you paid given the team’s performance and the weather today. We are going to be up and moving around with him for much of the game so I thought as long as we got lower deck seats it wouldn’t matter.

3 hours ago, JoeC said:

As horrible as this team and season are, what keeps me coming back is the bond that I’ve forever formed with my dad over our shared love for and agony over the Sox.

It all started with me when I was about a month old at old Comiskey, and I hope this is the start of a wonderful series of memories for you guys as well.

Same here. A friend of mine took me to a game in 1998 and then I went with my dad to a game in 1999 to see “Hey, the Kids Can Play” White Sox. We didn’t have tickets, found a guy with his daughter who had tickets and my dad and I ended up three rows behind the plate to see the Sox play against the Royals a day or two after the opener.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Bring us a winner, hope your son becomes a Sox fan for life. 
I took my son to many games in the 70s, 80s and a few in the 90s before we moved to Florida but he never cared like I did. 
My first game was July 15, 1955 with my Cub Scout Pack and we sat right behind Minnie Minoso in left field and saw the Sox beat the old Washington Senators 5-4.

Thanks! What great memories!

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, The Beast said:

Southpaw takes pictures with kids on the fundamentals deck in the 5th. My boy always makes sure we get up there every game. In case you're interested...

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, JoeC said:

I am going with my daughter to the game today. We had a great deal of fun going to the games when she was growing up. This bad team can't take that away.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

41 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Sounds fun taking your son. I'd just treat it as a minor league game where nobody really cares who wins. 

If your kid is under three, you can pretend the opposing team are the White Sox and celebrate a win. 😁

It would be hard for the Sox lineup to score a run over 36 innings.

I’m able to remember the exact date of my first White Sox game because it was a rain shortened loss to the Yankees. Sox scored seven in the first, only to give up seven in the second and later lose. A totally White Sox experience.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA197607200.shtml

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If your kid is under three, you can pretend the opposing team are the White Sox and celebrate a win. 😁

probably works if your kid is 87 and a delusional billionaire, too.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Offense looked worse in person. Vaughn looked like he had no clue.

They honored the Winning Ugly team but hardly anyone responded. The place was so empty, and many people probably had no memory of the 1983 team. It was sad actually. That was a hell of a team.

They mentioned LaRussa and Baines as Hall of Famers on that team but said nothing about Fisk who is also in the Hall of Fame.

The Sox didn't even look competitive. I'll be surprised if they don't lose 100. The bottom of the lineup was nothing but automatic outs. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Highland said:

They honored the Winning Ugly team but hardly anyone responded. The place was so empty, and many people probably had no memory of the 1983 team. It was sad actually. That was a hell of a team.

They mentioned LaRussa and Baines as Hall of Famers on that team but said nothing about Fisk who is also in the Hall of Fame.

The Sox didn't even look competitive. I'll be surprised if they don't lose 100. The bottom of the lineup was nothing but automatic outs. 

They have to go 6-6 to keep from losing 100 games. Not a chance they won’t. I wonder if JR will finally sell if they lose 100 games in 2024 as well?

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, Highland said:

Sox could have used Burgerctoday, to make it more interesting.  He hit another homer today in a Miami,, a 446 foot three run bomb.   This trade looks worse by the day.