Benetti to Tigers

BBaum21

39 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Do you have any inkling or thought that Jerry could be potentially ready to sell the team? I've read a few people predict that. I assume nobody really knows yet though. 

I just assume that Jerry is a vampire who will live forever 

31 minutes ago, pcq said:

Monaco just re-upped with ESPN.

I don’t think that matters. 

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They didn't say no. They put it in the contract he can miss 35 games. How many will Monaco miss? He just signed an extension with ESPN. How many did Stone miss? 

There is something more to this, and I'm sure it comes back to JR. He's probably pissed Jason contradicted his boy Brooks last year when Brooks said negotiations were all peachy.

That said, Monaco is pretty good and really young. I doubt he will want to do 162 White Sox games for a while.

Reinsdorf doesn’t like Benetti and hasn’t loved the broadcast. He just doesn’t think he’s funny or that great. It was reported in multiple spots this week 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Do you have any inkling or thought that Jerry could be potentially ready to sell the team? I've read a few people predict that. I assume nobody really knows yet though. 

I thought Jerry had said not long ago that he wouldn’t know what to do or have anything to do if he sold the team. Pretty sure we are stuck with him until he dies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Mike Monaco will miss a bunch too. Jerry Reinsdorf doesn’t like Benetti and doesn’t like the broadcast. It’s that simple. 

Lets not pretend Benetti didn't want the cake and eat it too.  Even if Reinsdorf didn't like him he employed him for 7 years and he would still be employed but the demands got too big.  

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Lets not pretend Benetti didn't want the cake and eat it too.  Even if Reinsdorf didn't like him he employed him for 7 years and he would still be employed but the demands got too big.  

The only thing that is going to make the White Sox better.  

Announce-the-Death.jpg

• Like 1

What would be entertaining would be to mike up Jerry and Getz in the owners box and broadcast their conversations watching this shitshow they assembled, with all of this talent that they nonetheless are on record as hating.

Mike Tony La Russa up there as well since apparently he’s entering his fourth season in charge. 

30 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

It was my understanding that they could if he’s proven to be grossly mismanaging the team. And that’s gotta seem pretty clear to most people now.

Mismanaging is in the eye of the beholder when you are still making millions and millions of dollars through domestic and international outlets.

The rest of the board is basically JR's age and they are content with the way things are going.

And he can only be removed for illegal activity or financial maleficence.

With the Sox making money it would be hard to prove what he is doing is wrong.

He's not going anywhere...all you can do is hope to outlive current ownership and see what happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

They didn't say no. They put it in the contract he can miss 35 games. How many will Monaco miss? He just signed an extension with ESPN. How many did Stone miss? 

There is something more to this, and I'm sure it comes back to JR. He's probably pissed Jason contradicted his boy Brooks last year when Brooks said negotiations were all peachy.

That said, Monaco is pretty good and really young. I doubt he will want to do 162 White Sox games for a while.

My guess is always that the things I liked about this broadcast - it was intelligent and modern - were the things that they hated. The owner doesn’t want to hear about OBP, he wants to hear about TWTW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Mismanaging is in the eye of the beholder when you are still making millions and millions of dollars through domestic and international outlets.

The rest of the board is basically JR's age and they are content with the way things are going.

And he can only be removed for illegal activity or financial maleficence.

With the Sox making money it would be hard to prove what he is doing is wrong.

He's not going anywhere...all you can do is hope to outlive current ownership and see what happens. 

Malfeasance or Angelina Jolie? 

Benetti and Brock Huard becoming quite the broadcasting pair on FOX... this time Utah/Washington in a highly-entertaining offensive shootout. 

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

My guess is always that the things I liked about this broadcast - it was intelligent and modern - were the things that they hated. The owner doesn’t want to hear about OBP, he wants to hear about TWTW.

Zach Remillard starting 2B if it's not Royals-related. 

The crazy thing there is JR signed off on Burger exiting... the quintessential TWTW guy if there ever was one. 

Moncada, pretty much the diametrically-opposed opposite.   

So JR's pocketbook >>> TWTW >>> entertainment >>> playoffs. 

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Everyone ponder on what you have to believe to say this about the Tigers.

From everyone I have been in contact with over the last few days, it was clear, the way Brooks worked over Benetti during the last contract fractured the relationship beyond repair.

Jason of course, would have honored the last year of his deal but you can bet the house as soon as the final game in 2024 he was out the door. he felt screwed over after the way the Sox treated him and if what I was told is true about them telling him to negotiate a deal with Fox then come back and the Sox would work something out with him, only to pull the rug out after he went and did it...there was no going back after that.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

From everyone I have been in contact with over the last few days, it was clear, the way Brooks worked over Benetti during the last contract fractured the relationship beyond repair.

Jason of course, would have honored the last year of his deal but you can bet the house as soon as the final game in 2024 he was out the door. he felt screwed over after the way the Sox treated him and if what I was told is true about them telling him to negotiate a deal with Fox then come back and the Sox would work something out with him, only to pull the rug out after he went and did it...there was no going back after that.

Quite similar to the petty Giolito fiasco the previous offseason...which probably had something to do with the worst season of his later career after his initial (massive) struggles out of the gate with the Sox. 

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

And yet here’s Brooks saying “Detroit is a better job than our craphouse”. Detroit!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Yeah, I wonder if Brooks realized in his spin, that’s exactly what he said.

This is the crossover with politics, you can get away with garbage statements if a reporter isn’t willing to ask obvious follow up questions.”

”He got a great opportunity, one we couldn’t offer him, so we had to let him take it”

”excuse me Mr. Boyer, I’d just like to ask a follow up. The White Sox are in the third biggest city in the country and they’re this broadcasters hometown team. How could the same job in Detroit be a better opportunity than his job here?”

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This is the crossover with politics, you can get away with garbage statements if a reporter isn’t willing to ask obvious follow up questions.”

”He got a great opportunity, one we couldn’t offer him, so we had to let him take it”

”excuse me Mr. Boyer, I’d just like to ask a follow up. The White Sox are in the third biggest city in the country and they’re this broadcasters hometown team. How could the same job in Detroit be a better opportunity than his job here?”

Objectively, it’s a better opportunity due to ownership (Illitch over Reinsdorf), current roster / future team expectations (Scott Harris and A. J. Hinch over Getz and Grifol), and specific to Jason his direct manager (Ryan Gustafson over Brooks Boyer).

In terms of @Chicago White Sox’s request to elaborate on my Boyer comments and his ambitions to be the head person under the chairman similar to McDonough’s role with the Hawks. More has come out publicly this week about his treatment of both Jason specifically and Boyer’s dealing with the media and others in general. You can listen to Herb Lawrence’s comments starting at the 7 minute mark of the CHGO you tube clip.

They discussed Benetti’s departure and how Boyer has dealt with direct employees, affiliate broadcast stations and others over the years, an the near universal disdain for Boyer within the broadcast industry.

Cuda also exposed Boyer’s influence overall in the organization where he has amassed the most power and most employees at the expense of funding baseball operations. The lone analytics success in White Sox history was the uncovering of Bruce Lee’s ticket scam pre COVID lockdowns. You can also reference Boyer’s pithy statement “thanking” Jason in a self serving underhanded way.

Bottom line the division between Rob Gallas’ operation and Boyer’s is night and day, both for people within the organization, people dealing with Boyer and his organization directly, and season ticket holders and fans who have watched the ST perks and Sox Fest created for general fans in 1992 disappear.

I expect the fanbois and defenders to once again defend Boyer and blame everything on Jerry, because just like their boy Hahn they defended for a decade before it became unpalatable, these guys are great talents that were thwarted at every turn by Jerry and in Hahn’s case, also Kenny Williams, the only man who accomplished anything of value under Jerry in 43 years of White Sox baseball.