Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

10 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Not sure Gilbert is on the market and neither Bieber nor Glasnow has Cease's value.  They are both in their last year of control.  And anyone who points to Cease's loss of velo ought to look at Bieber. He's lost 3+ mph over the last few years. That's without considering his arm injury at the end of the year.  He's buyer beware as far as I'm concerned.

All depends on what CLE is asking for.

Seems like the Guardians are really trying to cut payroll more dramatically.

Team in flux now.  Big name but very questionable health and upside.

32 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Not sure Gilbert is on the market and neither Bieber nor Glasnow has Cease's value.  They are both in their last year of control.  And anyone who points to Cease's loss of velo ought to look at Bieber. He's lost 3+ mph over the last few years. That's without considering his arm injury at the end of the year.  He's buyer beware as far as I'm concerned.

Once the sticky stuff went away, Bieber became a shell of himself

What pitcher has the most trade value on the market?

It’s Dylan Cease of the Chicago White Sox.

Cease, who finished second in the AL Cy Young race two years ago, still has two years of control before he’s a free agent and earned just $5.7 million last season. He’s scheduled to earn $8.8 million in salary arbitration this year, according to MLB trade rumors.

There’s a reason why the Dodgers, Atlanta, St. Louis and Baltimore are all clamoring for him.

The White Sox are telling teams they are in no rush to move him until the free-agent picture comes into focus.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nightengales-notebook-10-questions-heading-120356311.html

28 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

What pitcher has the most trade value on the market?

It’s Dylan Cease of the Chicago White Sox.

Cease, who finished second in the AL Cy Young race two years ago, still has two years of control before he’s a free agent and earned just $5.7 million last season. He’s scheduled to earn $8.8 million in salary arbitration this year, according to MLB trade rumors.

There’s a reason why the Dodgers, Atlanta, St. Louis and Baltimore are all clamoring for him.

The White Sox are telling teams they are in no rush to move him until the free-agent picture comes into focus.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nightengales-notebook-10-questions-heading-120356311.html

Nightengale called the Braves the favorites for Cease in that same article 

21 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Nightengale called the Braves the favorites for Cease in that same article 

A Braves trade would be very unexciting and I’d question the logic of acquiring 8 or 9 players from one org in a single off-season.

Are you hearing anything about what we may be planning to do?  Seems like Eloy is as a good as gone.  Could that happen this week in Nashville?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

A Braves trade would be very unexciting and I’d question the logic of acquiring 8 or 9 players from one org in a single off-season.

Are you hearing anything about what we may be planning to do?  Seems like Eloy is as a good as gone.  Could that happen this week in Nashville?

Seems like Cease and Eloy are both gone. Juts not sure when. I don't love the idea of Atlanta either but Anthopolous is aggressive. They'll take the best package they get offered. Atlanta is publicly seen as the favorite right now. 

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Seems like Cease and Eloy are both gone. Juts not sure when. I don't love the idea of Atlanta either but Anthopolous is aggressive. They'll take the best package they get offered. Atlanta is publicly seen as the favorite right now. 

Any chance braves trade for both Eloy cease and add major leaguers in?I like more orioles and dodgers prospects 

15 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Out of curiosity, what would you need from the Braves to make such a trade?

26 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Too bad we can't throw in Moncada.

Moncada is dead weight. He’ll be gone after 2024 regardless. Attaching him in a trade with any player of value would be malfeasance. Just let Yoan try to earn his next contract while playing good defense at 3B next season. 

• Like 3

If AA is being aggressive, I’d have to believe the package would include Smith-Schawver , Vaughn Grissom as headliners.

That would be interesting just because it is subtracting from their ML Roster depth, but they clearly want to spend on veterans and may be out on bringing along younger pieces at the moment - especially without Wash.

I think this is probably underrated by the board due to Grissom’s down year in his 75 mlb games,  but he is only 22 and torched AAA this year. He should get a shot to improve in the infield on the Sox, unfortunately the worst team in history at helping that along. 

Add to that package Didier Fuentes, who pitched in low A as a 17 year old, and Owen Murphy - because we love our local boys now- and I think that is likely to be a strong offer.

Honestly reminds of the pirates-astros Cole deal.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’d need Grissom, Smith-Shawver, Waldrep and another piece 

Was basically thinking the same thing, which wouldn’t actually be a bad package from a pure value standpoint.  Just not an exciting one and I’d personally rather get a potentially more impactful positional guy to headline.

This scenario fits with the last few weeks:

The Braves showed interest but weren’t willing or able to give the hefty offer you folks want. So, they’re waiting to see if Getz will accept the Braves deal as the best he can do.

Meanwhile, Getz is leaking everything he possibly can to anyone who will print anything - “I will move him before the winter meetings, I will wait until the end of the year, the Dodgers showed interest, the Diamondbacks showed interest, tell all our local guys to keep mentioning the Orioles” to try to drive some additional interest or competition.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This scenario fits with the last few weeks:

The Braves showed interest but weren’t willing or able to give the hefty offer you folks want. So, they’re waiting to see if Getz will accept the Braves deal as the best he can do.

Meanwhile, Getz is leaking everything he possibly can to anyone who will print anything - “I will move him before the winter meetings, I will wait until the end of the year, the Dodgers showed interest, the Diamondbacks showed interest, tell all our local guys to keep mentioning the Orioles” to try to drive some additional interest or competition.

You’re really hoping we get s%*# for him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re really hoping we get s%*# for him

Any version of “this guy isn’t worth as much as you think” becomes a personal “you hate success!” - a classic White Sox move. Probably exactly how they created the Yes Man setup that defined the last GM.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic