Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Rusty_Kuntz said:

To me, Petty is younger than Lowder, further along in the system, and he thoroughly dominated last year at A+ and a little AA, albeit only 60 innings. Don't think Lowder has even thrown a professional pitch. 

Not disagreeing just saying they can put together a strong offer mixed with position players and arms.

4 minutes ago, Rusty_Kuntz said:

To me, Petty is younger than Lowder, further along in the system, and he thoroughly dominated last year at A+ and a little AA, albeit only 60 innings. Don't think Lowder has even thrown a professional pitch. 

Lowder is a stud.  Him and Petty in the same deal ++ would be a great Cease trade.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Lowder is a stud.  Him and Petty in the same deal ++ would be a great Cease trade.

I like the package mentioned because it was dudes largely ascending. Board gets too caught up in ratings for guys from 6 months ago.

OTOH i also like the braves package and am only one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

I would prefer one of them and a top position player. I don't personally want the top 2 guys to both be pitchers, but of course that is just preference. 

Also I'm not trying to disparage Lowder - he has amazing stuff. Just think Petty is also a very, very good prospect. 

These are the packages I would accept from teams that are interested in Cease:

Reds: Lowder, Petty, Jorge, Starla (I loved this ask from Getz)

Braves: Kelenic, Grissom, AJSS, and Waldrep

Orioles: Cowser/Kjerstad, Mayo, Beavers

Dodgers: Rushing, Pages, De Paula, and Bruns

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GGajewski18 said:

These are the packages I would accept from teams that are interested in Cease:

Reds: Lowder, Petty, Jorge, Starla (I loved this ask from Getz)

Braves: Kelenic, Grissom, AJSS, and Waldrep

Orioles: Cowser/Kjerstad, Mayo, Beavers

Dodgers: Rushing, Pages, De Paula, and Bruns

That Braves one somehow looks like the most unrealistic of the group. A guy with 5 years of control, a guy with 6 years of control, AND 2 top 100 prospects?

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Orioles, Braves, Dodgers/Cards, in that order, according to Jesse Rogers a few minutes ago on the radio.  “Informed speculation”

If the Dodgers can land Yamamoto after Ohtani and then have the opportunity to acquire Cease in a trade I highly doubt they will care who they give up as far as prospects go. 

• Like 2

Dylan Cease, Corbin Burnes, Shane Bieber, Tyler Glasnow, Blake Snell, 
Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Jordan Montgomery 

Angels, Braves, Cards, Cubs, Dodgers,  Giants, Mets, Nationals, Orioles, Padres, Reds, Red Sox, Rockies, and Yankees all need pitching to varying degrees, if Chris Getz fumbles this… 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Orioles, Braves, Dodgers/Cards, in that order, according to Jesse Rogers a few minutes ago on the radio.  “Informed speculation”

Best case scenario is Yamamoto going to the Yankees. Really feels like it will be either them or the Mets. Dodgers are rumored to have stepped into the Glasnow market. Really hope the Orioles put up soon.

29 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I hope BAL being listed first means Mike Elias has finally stopped being dickless

I think Elias came up in Houston where they gave up crap to get both Verlander and Cole from teams looking to dump payroll. Sox don’t need salary relief, they need players.  I bet Cease ends up anywhere but Baltimore.

ESPN writers all over Cease if LA doesn't sign Yamamoto

Gonzalez: They should trade for Dylan Cease, who comes with two years of control and has the type of stuff that can pave the way for the Dodgers to get him back to his Cy Young-contending play of 2022. Then they should sign someone like Lucas Giolito or Marcus Stroman. After that, acquire another corner outfielder to plug into an outfield mix that could use a little more certainty. The real prize, though, would be to just go out and sign Yamamoto. They'd love nothing more -- but it would mean spending $1 billion on two players in one offseason. Unlikely, of course. But if anyone can do that, it's them.

McDaniel: The high-end starting pitchers still available via trade (Corbin Burnes, Tyler Glasnow, Dylan Cease) or free agency (Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Blake Snell) have to go to the top of the list. There's plenty of young talent in L.A.'s system to make a trade happen, but adding Yamamoto would be the boldest move possible at this point and doesn't seem far-fetched at all.

Schoenfield: Hey, this is a team without an ace right now -- when in the recent past they've had guys like Buehler, Clayton Kershaw, Julio Urias and Max Scherzer to front the rotation. What's another $30 million a year or more for Yamamoto? This is where we remind you: Despite all their massive success over the past decade, the Dodgers haven't won a World Series in a 162-game season in 35 years (no, the COVID title isn't quite the same thing). Yamamoto or bust!

Rogers: Their next three moves should all be for starting pitching or else Ohtani's signing will be a waste. Adding Yoshinobu Yamamoto or trading for Dylan Cease seem reasonable enough. But they can work their way down the ladder as Jordan Montgomery, Shota Imanaga and Mike Clevinger all fit as well. L.A. needs top and middle of the rotation guys. Inventory is important here.

Olney: They need cheap starting pitching desperately, and Cease fits that description perfectly -- he's eligible for salary arbitration this year and next year, at relatively reasonable prices, and he would give the Dodgers the kind of innings volume they really need.

• Like 2

ESPN/Dave Schoenfield:

The Dodgers will have to reconstruct their starting rotation as Tony Gonsolin and Dustin May are out for 2024, but they're getting Walker Buehler back and still have payroll room to add a free agent starter or two and do have an intriguing group of young starters, including Bobby Miller, Ryan Pepiot and Emmet Sheehan, plus prospects like Nick Frasso, Gavin Stone, River Ryan and Landon Knack who could all pitch in the majors this season.

Also, if Yamamoto ends up much higher, closer to $250-325 million...then the Dodgers might end up taking the fallback Japanese option in Shota Imanaga.

Edited by caulfield12

16 hours ago, Rey21 said:

Angels, Braves, Cards, Cubs, Dodgers,  Giants, Mets, Nationals, Orioles, Padres, Reds, Red Sox, Rockies, and Yankees all need pitching to varying degrees, if Chris Getz fumbles this… 

Cease to the Rockies would be objectively hilarious.

17 hours ago, Rey21 said:

The White Sox also need pitching especially if Cease gets moved. 

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

The White Sox also need pitching especially if Cease gets moved. 

Sox aren’t in the market for any of those guys. It’s been clear with all these acquisitions they are going to try and find some diamond in the rough type of pitchers or ones on 1-2 year bounce back type of seasons. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic