Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Hold out for for Meyer. I really could see the Sox moving him.

I told @Chicago White Sox on our board before that I thought Meyer was the one highly ranked prospect I could see being moved because I think the Red Sox are just that desperate.  Maybe they will sign Snell or Montgomery (I think Monty is A mistake but whatever) and alleviate some of their concerns but that’s a team I could see taking advantage of.

I think the Giants could also be that team in the NL too.

Having watched them both play, I’m just a Roman Anthony Stan. Kind of to an irrational degree. He hits the ball HARD.  Mayer is also a similar player to Montgomery. Sox need OF help. But you are probably right about future projections.

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I still feel the Red Sox are the team you guys may get to pay the most. It’s not a very smart org right now and they are desperate.

Actually isn't Breslow like a literal genius in terms of IQ?

As much as I'd love to rob them blind of Anthony and/or Teel, I highly doubt they will go for it. 

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

You know what MLB are thinking.  Interesting.  As a fan I get this is the first time your favorite team has been on the buy side of a transaction but this is what negotiation looks like when the seller has all the leverage.  

Has a deal gotten done and I didn’t see it?

Just now, Rey21 said:

Sale only pitched 100 innings last year don’t think AA is anywhere near done with that pitching staff

Yea but they only have so many spots and Grissom was a guy rumored in a Cease deal.

We had heard a rumor that the Braves interest in Cease was overblown anyway.

I think it’s safe to say they are out on Cease but like I said, this could make the Red Sox more of a viable trade partner.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If he could stay in the IF, I think he would be more appealing. 

I think he has a shot to be Boston's starting 2b. At the very least, they'll move him between IF and OF to replace Enrique Hernandez.

Edit cuz spellcheck turned Hernandez's name into a slur.

Edited by Timmy U

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic