Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That's their choice. It's good to know that you are that closely tied to the team and their inner circle. 

Do you think that the WS want a top 50 prospect for Cease?  Think they want more than 1 player?

Edited by Sports Guy

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

1) I don’t really buy any of the Valdez stuff and I’m actually not excited about him but I have varying degrees of interest in Luzardo, Bieber, Burnes and other young unproven starters.

I can understand Baltimore kicking the tires on the next lower tier of pitchers if Cease gets too rich for them. Nothing says "taking it to the next level" like hoping Shane Bieber can get to the all-star break in one piece. And if the top 5 prospects are off the board, maybe Corbin Burnes could record a happy birthday message in exchange for Joey Ortiz. 

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Really? Not going to pretend I know much about trade valuations, but I think Jett Williams, Drew Gilbert, and Colin Houck could be a fantastic package.

In the deal they get I think it will be for a pitcher, a hitter and a third piece. 

A Mets deal could look something like Baty or Williams, Tidwell or Vasil and Vientos/Sproat. 

A Yankees deal could look something like Jones/Dominguez, Warren/Hampton, Beeter/Selvidge.

I don't think it's going to be an all pitchers or all hitters package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

My price from the O's has increased to Kjerstad, Ortiz, Beavers and Povich due to their p****footing. 

A Kjerstad, Norby and Povich package would concern me.  Both the headliners have serious poor OF/1B risk.  We've been down the road so many times.  I am willing to take the risk on Kjerstad, but  the supporting piece needs to be more well rounded than Norby IMO.  

Fully agree.  Can’t go with two guys with 1B/DH risk.

7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I can understand Baltimore kicking the tires on the next lower tier of pitchers if Cease gets too rich for them. Nothing says "taking it to the next level" like hoping Shane Bieber can get to the all-star break in one piece. And if the top 5 prospects are off the board, maybe Corbin Burnes could record a happy birthday message in exchange for Joey Ortiz. 

Well, you could get Bieber and hope he stays healthy..if he does, he will be fine. If not, you likely haven’t traded a lot and can go after someone in June/July.

It’s not where I want to go but there is some merit to it.

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think this is the interesting thing about prospects.  Jones has the body, is two years younger than Kjerstad, but he has yet to hit like Kjerstad in the minors.  He definitely could in his age 23 and 24 seasons, but it’s not a guarantee.  Just goes to show that no one truly knows.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Do you think that the WS want a top 50 prospect for Cease?  Think they want more than 1 player?

I have no idea. I don't have any inside information. My assumption is the want the best deal they can get. The bidding and market will dictate what that is regardless of a fans or even a GMs valuation. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, you could get Bieber and hope he stays healthy..if he does, he will be fine. If not, you likely haven’t traded a lot and can go after someone in June/July.

Jeff Passan just had an ESPN Insider article yesterday that both Bieber and Burnes’ chances of being traded are dwindling.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/insider/story/_/id/39229320/mlb-2023-24-free-agency-update-predictions-trades-moves-jeff-passan-snell-bellinger

8 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

In the deal they get I think it will be for a pitcher, a hitter and a third piece. 

A Mets deal could look something like Baty or Williams, Tidwell or Vasil and Vientos/Sproat. 

A Yankees deal could look something like Jones/Dominguez, Warren/Hampton, Beeter/Selvidge.

Nor should it be with all of their needs.

8 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That Mets one doesn’t impress me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I think this is the interesting thing about prospects.  Jones has the body, is two years younger than Kjerstad, but he has yet to hit like Kjerstad in the minors.  He definitely could in his age 23 and 24 seasons, but it’s not a guarantee.  Just goes to show that no one truly knows.

It’s why you can’t get wrapped up in prospect rankings.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What is offer for Bieber 

9 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

God damn, this is the most tedious, circular, worthless discussion I've ever read. You fuckers need to be more productive in life.

Not during the semester break. Time for brain mush. 

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Jeff Passan just had an ESPN Insider article yesterday that both Bieber and Burnes’ chances of being traded are dwindling.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/insider/story/_/id/39229320/mlb-2023-24-free-agency-update-predictions-trades-moves-jeff-passan-snell-bellinger

Teams are concerned about Bieber’s health.  Too much singing and partying at a young age.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

God damn, this is the most tedious, circular, worthless discussion I've ever read. You fuckers need to be more productive in life.

It's like a Family Guy joke that goes on too long, just repeating itself. It's funny for a bit, then gets tedious and you want it to end, and then eventually it comes back to being funny. Just ride the wave, it'll be fun again in a minute.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yea I saw. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s not. I don’t buy Bieber at all. Burnes maybe but it makes no sense for Milwaukee to take that stance.

36 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They aren’t being  Moved for Cease.

I think they could be available in some deal but I doubt Cease is that guy. He’s not good enough, cheap enough or under control enough to get either of those guys.

But why?  Show me your math on how you got to this conclusion.  What is the projected surplus value of Mayo vs. the projected surplus value of Cease?

1 minute ago, Rey21 said:

What is offer for Bieber 

I don’t know..and I’m not saying that to evasive. Cle can win, so I’m guessing they would favor ML pieces.

There was a rumor out there about Santander for Bieber. I could see that. I could see them being interested in Mountcastle or Hays. Could see them interested in guys like Norby and Stowers.

They can’t and won’t get a high end prospect for Bieber but they can get useful pieces for him.  He’s a big risk.

1 minute ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

It's like a Family Guy joke that goes on too long, just repeating itself. It's funny for a bit, then gets tedious and you want it to end, and then eventually it comes back to being funny. Just ride the wave, it'll be fun again in a minute.

Covid and full-time work from home has ensured that this type of phenomenon can happen all the time now.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic