Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I believe that..but Elias won’t do it. It’s just not how he operates. He will go sign Ryu or someone like that for a year before he gives up more value than he feels he should for Cease or anyone else.

That's his option. I'm just amazed at how sure you are about the prospect package his valuation of them and what he will and won't do. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And we have absolutely zero idea how serious it is, especially the Mariners(who just doesn’t make sense). That said, those 2 serious bidders are out. That, by definition, means the options dwindled.

You really are as smart as Tony Larissa aren’t you..

• Love 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Yes because I follow my team. 

Fair enough. 

But how do you know Cease so well that you know his value compared to prospects that have never played in the MLB and other pitchers that might be available. 

I wish I had your player evaluation capability. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

FFS…CEASE IS MY #1 TARGET THIS OFFSEASON .

Did I say that clear enough for you to finally understand it or are you still clueless?

Not with those insulting offers you are not.

Even if it’s not Mayo, 100% there’s zero conversation without Kjerstad.

Because Getz can add 25-50 more players like the ones you’re suggesting…it still won’t move the needle.  He won’t be able to sell it to a completely disillusioned and disenchanted fanbase that has almost given up already.  

Those trades you are suggesting would be this decade’s equivalent of moving off your intended target to end up with Basabe and Victor Diaz from the Red Sox instead of a legit third piece for Chris Sale.  It would be yet another nail in the coffin for those looking for any reason to be hopeful about the future of this forlorn franchise.

• Like 2

Just now, ptatc said:

Fair enough. 

But how do you know Cease so well that you know his value compared to prospects that have never played in the MLB and other pitchers that might be available. 

I think you hit your head again

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Fair enough. 

Can you imagine how sure we would have been 5-6 years ago that Moncada would be a 30/30 candidate every year and that Eloy would have 35-40 homers a year?  That Michael Kopech is going to be throwing 98 mph as a starter!

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Not with those insulting offers you are not.

Even if it’s not Mayo, 100% there’s zero conversation without Kjerstad.

Because Getz can add 25-50 more players like the ones you’re suggesting…it still won’t move the needle.  He won’t be able to sell it to a completely disillusioned and disenchanted fanbase that has almost given up already.  

Those trades you are suggesting would be this decade’s equivalent of moving off your intended target to end up with Basabe and Victor Diaz from the Red Sox instead of a legit third piece for Chris Sale.  It would be yet another nail in the coffin for those looking for any reason to be hopeful about the future of this forlorn franchise.

Show me what trade I’m suggesting for Cease?   Go ahead. Go back and find it because you look stupid as hell here

Edited by Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’m hoping the Yankees drop Getz the nut for Cease, Sports Guy slinks away quietly, and the Yankees obliterate the Orioles in 2024.  Yes, this Orioles fan has made me want to root for the Yankees.

I was cheering for the O's last summer, but their fandom on twitter got awfully puffy-chested and a bit big for their britches. Seems getting stomped in the first round hasn't changed that unearned arrogance for some.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Can you imagine how sure we would have been 5-6 years ago that Moncada would be a 30/30 candidate every year and that Eloy would have 35-40 homers a year?  That Michael Kopech is going to be throwing 98 mph as a starter!

Yep...reality sucks!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Fair enough. 

I would suggest he looks at BA lists of Sox prospects from 1998-2001 and 2017-18-19 to see how quickly a #1 system can disintegrate.

Or the Padres in 2019-20.

Gone in a flash.  Poof.

To this day, the Cubs and Astros and now the Braves/Dodgers are the only ones with true sustained success.  

(Can probably add Tampa Bay as well.)

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Show me what trade I’m suggesting for Cease?   Go ahead. Go back and find it because you look stupid as hell here

So basically, you are just here posting to tell us what prospects YOU THINK the Orioles will trade for Cease?  Who is stupid as hell now?

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Seriously! Like, read the fucking room dude.

I’m reading a guy who has misrepresented everything he has commented on.  Reserved or not, if he’s going to essentially lie about what I’m saying, I’m going to say something.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So basically, you are just here posting to tell us what prospects YOU THINK the Orioles will trade for Cease?  Who is stupid as hell now?

Do your parents ever let you out of the basement so that you can learn stuff?

Edited by Sports Guy

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic