Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

15 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I personally think the offer is much more than this and Sox are holding out for too much 

Glad to hear that. You can always lower your price. It’s not even Feb yet. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think if Elias were seriously pursuing a starting pitcher he would have acquired one before Jan 27.  Seems he's just waiting for the cheapest option.  

I think he really wants Cease but he like many other GMs were expecting Getz, as a first time GM, to give in by now. I think eventually a deal gets done with Baltimore, they’ve made the most sense for a year now. 

Edited by Rey21

4 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

I think he really wants Cease but was also expecting Getz, as a first time GM, to give in by now 

I think you’re probably right.  I personally think this comes to down to Getz asking for my man Mayo and Elias not wanting to give up any of their big three prospects (with Holliday a very clear untouchable).  The question is whether Getz will come off his ask and whether there is a middle ground that works for both sides.  If not, I think this comes down to the Yankees or we ultimately hold Dylan until the deadline.  

1 minute ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

They also can’t accept Ortiz and Norby and a 40 FV piece.

That would do nothing to alter the trajectory of the franchise.

If that threat of taking him into regular season isn’r real…Getz will lose this trade big time as he backs himself into a corner.

2 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I’ve been saying this for awhile.  The risk is definitely too high.  Also, When the GM is literally saying they are still looking for OF help (probably Whit) and to trade Cease, I think that says it all.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

C'mon. You're better than this. What is Pedro supposed to say?

Seriously.  This means absolutely nothing.  Bruce actually had one of his first coherent and sensical tweets above in a long time, talking about the risk of not trading Cease before opening day.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

37 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

This is a terrible Bruce Levine take. If your offer isn’t great. You hold him. His value won’t decline much UNLESS there’s an injury.

It’s actually one of the most sensical things Levine has said in awhile.  If Cease suffers a bad injury, his value could drop to zero.  It would definitely be playing with fire to hold Cease until the deadline.  Yes, he could stay healthy, pitch well, and raise his value.  But he could also pitch worse and/or get injured.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic