2024 MiLB Catch All

DirtySox

From the 22 DSL prospects who could make noise stateside BA article.

Javier Mogollon, 2B, White Sox

Mogollon was arguably the biggest pop-up prospect in the White Soxā€™s system in 2023. The Venezuelan infielder was a low-dollar signing in the 2023 international class and put forth an outstanding debut season in the DSL that included a .999 OPS and 10 home runs. Mogollon is a twitchy athlete with the potential for 50s and 55s all across his scouting card and a plus arm that could handle stints at shortstop. Heā€™s also already shown the knack for pulling balls hard and in the air.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/22-dsl-prospects-who-could-make-noise-stateside-in-2024/

Edited by DirtySox
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone had their eyes yet on Jacob Gonzalez this Spring? I know Fangraphs mentioned how he worked on getting in better shape and possibly being opened to changes to his swing.Ā 

Edited by PolishPrince34
  • Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I donā€™t understand the tweetā€¦what are they talking about TJS rehab?

I assume they are just likening his path and innings increase to be a slow, calculated, and methodical one. Mentioning TJ in how they describe the approach is certainly a choice though. Especially if you want to rile up the masses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I assume they are just likening his path and innings increase to be a slow, calculated, and methodical one. Mentioning TJ in how they describe the approach is certainly a choice though. Especially if you want to rile up the masses.

Yeah it was certainly worded rather poorly, they're just treating him with extreme kid gloves. Fingers crossed for 80 innings pitched this seasonĀ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

let him pitch. should have let him pitch last year. if the ligament blows, it blows. TJS isn't a career ender. better to have it go now.

NS has so much talent that if he comes back after surgery at 90-95 %, he'll still be better than every one else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I would guess AAA.

If I were them I would at least start him in AA. He has had less than half a season at the level and Charlotte could make the trade look bad in a hurry.

• Like 1